Plan on staying in Provence for a week in late March. We are in our late 40s and this will be our first trip to Europe/overseas without our teenagers!! While in Provence, mostly interested in great food and exploring the towns both big and small of the region. While I have done reading about the region and have my ideas of somethings I would like to see we are mostly interested in staying in a fabulous B&B or hote(would like one place for the whole week but would consider splitting between two places)l. For instance I had read about this great B&B in Piedmonte in Italy and knew when we went to the region that is where we would want to stay. We did and had fabulous time - still our favorite place anywhere. So, not looking for a particular town/city, but more a great B&B/hotel to base for a week. Basic requirements would be outstanding friendly and helpful hosts, nice breakfast, comfortable rooms that are well decorated and have amenities like ensuite shower/bath, and well located for exploring the region(we will have car). I happen to know that price does not mean a great place, as some of the best small b&bs are not too expensive, but for argument purposes would like to be in the $200USD/night range and wouldn't spend more than $400USD. I have been reading reviews on TA but their all listed by town and sometimes hard to find which town to look at. So, really interested in knowing places you guys have stayed that you really loved. Thanks so much!!
What B&B or hotel did you stay in Provence that you just LOVED?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 Which european city?
- 3 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 4 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 VISA question
- 7 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 8 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 9 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 10 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 11 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 France,Spain,Italy
- 14 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 15 Schengen Visa Rules
- 16 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 17 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 20 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 21 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 22 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 23 Scotland November 2015
- 24 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 25 All Set To Go!!