Plan on staying in Provence for a week in late March. We are in our late 40s and this will be our first trip to Europe/overseas without our teenagers!! While in Provence, mostly interested in great food and exploring the towns both big and small of the region. While I have done reading about the region and have my ideas of somethings I would like to see we are mostly interested in staying in a fabulous B&B or hote(would like one place for the whole week but would consider splitting between two places)l. For instance I had read about this great B&B in Piedmonte in Italy and knew when we went to the region that is where we would want to stay. We did and had fabulous time - still our favorite place anywhere. So, not looking for a particular town/city, but more a great B&B/hotel to base for a week. Basic requirements would be outstanding friendly and helpful hosts, nice breakfast, comfortable rooms that are well decorated and have amenities like ensuite shower/bath, and well located for exploring the region(we will have car). I happen to know that price does not mean a great place, as some of the best small b&bs are not too expensive, but for argument purposes would like to be in the $200USD/night range and wouldn't spend more than $400USD. I have been reading reviews on TA but their all listed by town and sometimes hard to find which town to look at. So, really interested in knowing places you guys have stayed that you really loved. Thanks so much!!
What B&B or hotel did you stay in Provence that you just LOVED?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 2 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 5 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 6 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 7 Pronunciation
- 8 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 9 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 10 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 11 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 12 What to wear
- 13 3 Week Europe Itinerary Help
- 14 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 15 What still confounds you about travel?
- 16 Back home problems with sim card
- 17 How do you find French food?
- 18 Day trip to Siena and Tuscan town(s) using Public Transport from Florence
- 19 GPS in Tuscany
- 20 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 21 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 22 italy
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 25 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.