Plan on staying in Provence for a week in late March. We are in our late 40s and this will be our first trip to Europe/overseas without our teenagers!! While in Provence, mostly interested in great food and exploring the towns both big and small of the region. While I have done reading about the region and have my ideas of somethings I would like to see we are mostly interested in staying in a fabulous B&B or hote(would like one place for the whole week but would consider splitting between two places)l. For instance I had read about this great B&B in Piedmonte in Italy and knew when we went to the region that is where we would want to stay. We did and had fabulous time - still our favorite place anywhere. So, not looking for a particular town/city, but more a great B&B/hotel to base for a week. Basic requirements would be outstanding friendly and helpful hosts, nice breakfast, comfortable rooms that are well decorated and have amenities like ensuite shower/bath, and well located for exploring the region(we will have car). I happen to know that price does not mean a great place, as some of the best small b&bs are not too expensive, but for argument purposes would like to be in the $200USD/night range and wouldn't spend more than $400USD. I have been reading reviews on TA but their all listed by town and sometimes hard to find which town to look at. So, really interested in knowing places you guys have stayed that you really loved. Thanks so much!!
What B&B or hotel did you stay in Provence that you just LOVED?
- 1 Cuenca or Toledo
- 2 Wimpy's
- 3 HELP stuck in Italy
- 4 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 5 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 6 Last monte Paris apartment
- 7 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 8 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 9 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 10 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 11 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 12 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 13 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 14 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 15 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 16 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 17 Nice
- 18 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 19 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 20 I Need To Vent!
- 21 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 22 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 23 Train tickets
- 24 San Lorenzo Market
- 25 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?