Plan on staying in Provence for a week in late March. We are in our late 40s and this will be our first trip to Europe/overseas without our teenagers!! While in Provence, mostly interested in great food and exploring the towns both big and small of the region. While I have done reading about the region and have my ideas of somethings I would like to see we are mostly interested in staying in a fabulous B&B or hote(would like one place for the whole week but would consider splitting between two places)l. For instance I had read about this great B&B in Piedmonte in Italy and knew when we went to the region that is where we would want to stay. We did and had fabulous time - still our favorite place anywhere. So, not looking for a particular town/city, but more a great B&B/hotel to base for a week. Basic requirements would be outstanding friendly and helpful hosts, nice breakfast, comfortable rooms that are well decorated and have amenities like ensuite shower/bath, and well located for exploring the region(we will have car). I happen to know that price does not mean a great place, as some of the best small b&bs are not too expensive, but for argument purposes would like to be in the $200USD/night range and wouldn't spend more than $400USD. I have been reading reviews on TA but their all listed by town and sometimes hard to find which town to look at. So, really interested in knowing places you guys have stayed that you really loved. Thanks so much!!
What B&B or hotel did you stay in Provence that you just LOVED?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 2 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 Itinerary Questions
- 5 Honeymoon to Greece in June 2014. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, Rodes
- 6 Medieval Tallinn
- 7 When to visit Provence updated info
- 8 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 9 Italian language schools
- 10 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 11 Thermal Bathing in Sciacca, Sicily
- 12 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 13 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 15 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 16 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 17 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 18 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 19 Prague Main Train Station
- 20 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 21 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 22 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Place to propose
- 25 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!