Plan on staying in Provence for a week in late March. We are in our late 40s and this will be our first trip to Europe/overseas without our teenagers!! While in Provence, mostly interested in great food and exploring the towns both big and small of the region. While I have done reading about the region and have my ideas of somethings I would like to see we are mostly interested in staying in a fabulous B&B or hote(would like one place for the whole week but would consider splitting between two places)l. For instance I had read about this great B&B in Piedmonte in Italy and knew when we went to the region that is where we would want to stay. We did and had fabulous time - still our favorite place anywhere. So, not looking for a particular town/city, but more a great B&B/hotel to base for a week. Basic requirements would be outstanding friendly and helpful hosts, nice breakfast, comfortable rooms that are well decorated and have amenities like ensuite shower/bath, and well located for exploring the region(we will have car). I happen to know that price does not mean a great place, as some of the best small b&bs are not too expensive, but for argument purposes would like to be in the $200USD/night range and wouldn't spend more than $400USD. I have been reading reviews on TA but their all listed by town and sometimes hard to find which town to look at. So, really interested in knowing places you guys have stayed that you really loved. Thanks so much!!
What B&B or hotel did you stay in Provence that you just LOVED?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 He said , she said
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 18 tour guides in rome
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 23 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 24 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 25 Seaside island village in Greece