I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
What area to stay in the Loire valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 2 2.5 Weeks in Europe Bag - Carry On
- 3 Help Choosing a bag?
- 4 where to buy a LV bag?
- 5 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 6 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 7 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 8 Suggested day bag for use in Italy
- 9 Help with a small island in Greece
- 10 things in Rhonda
- 11 Italy-Croatia-Istanbul
- 12 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 13 A full week in The Netherlands
- 14 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 15 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 16 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 17 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 18 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 19 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 20 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 21 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 24 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 25 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language