I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 2 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 3 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 4 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 5 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 6 Threat Level in UK
- 7 IWM
- 8 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 9 One night in the Dolomites
- 10 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 14 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 15 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 16 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 19 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 20 London 6 day itinerary
- 21 Rome hotel
- 22 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 London Hotel - Different Request
- 25 alcazar question and seville advice