I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 2 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 3 3 days with a Swindon base
- 4 Paris to Ramstein
- 5 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 6 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 7 Travel WiFi - France
- 8 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 9 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 10 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 11 RFID Protection
- 12 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 13 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 14 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 15 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 16 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 17 3 days to spend in europe
- 18 12 days europe
- 19 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 20 Beaches in Southern France
- 21 Rail pass question
- 22 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 23 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 24 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 25 Amalfi Coast lodging