I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 Ireland driving itinerary
- 3 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 4 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 5 Naples or Genoa
- 6 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 7 Car hire
- 8 Itinerary help please!
- 9 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 10 France to stop making foie grois
- 11 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 12 Holiday Itinerary
- 13 Itinerary Help!
- 14 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 15 Visiting the Black Forest
- 16 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 17 Barcelona to Morocco
- 18 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 19 Greece itinerary ideas
- 20 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 22 Should I speculate?
- 23 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 24 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 25 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??