I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
What area to stay in the Loire valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 2 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 3 England in 7 days
- 4 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 5 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 6 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 7 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 8 Dordogne markets
- 9 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 10 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 11 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 12 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 13 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 14 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 17 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 18 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 19 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 Rocamaxour
- 22 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May