I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 2 Iceland 3 day layover
- 3 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 6 Train travel
- 7 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 8 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 10 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 11 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 14 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 19 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 20 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 23 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 24 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 25 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?