I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 2 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 11 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 12 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 15 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 16 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 17 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 18 3 day trip to iceland
- 19 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 22 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 25 celticmoon, a quick question