I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy in ll days and what to see
- 2 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Slovania & Croatia
- 5 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 6 Prague National Theatre- Help with Choosing Box Seats 1st Timer ...
- 7 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 8 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 9 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 10 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 11 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 12 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 13 Gumusluk - Myndos
- 14 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 15 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 16 Alhambra Guide
- 17 Austria to Itlay road trip
- 18 What about Basque Country?
- 19 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 20 DO NOT USE GO TODAY.COM!
- 21 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 22 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 23 To europe this Aug
- 24 Amsterdam and ?????
- 25 Accomodation # Interlaken,Bern,Lucern,Lausanne,Geneva