I'm going to the Loire valley in late July with my family (Dad-63, Mom-54, Sister-32 and my boyfirend - 28). We are renting a car from Gare du Nord station(is this a good idea or too scary???) and plan on spending 2 nights somewhere in the Loire valley. Does anyone have any suggestions on the nicer towns to stay in? We will have a car so we will be able to get to places and don't need to be too close to transport links. We don't want to stay in an area crawling with tourists(although I do realise that at that time of year it will be busy!). We just want simple accommodation in a lovely, peaceful area with some nice restaurants close by and we would like to do day trips to castles and wine farms. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a 3 day itinery that would be great too!
What area to stay in the Loire valley?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 2 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 3 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 6 Food tours in Rome?
- 7 Rome Food Tour
- 8 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 9 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 10 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 11 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 12 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 15 Italy and Croatia
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 18 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 19 Kimhe--flamenco
- 20 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 England/EPL family vacation
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget