We have decided to spend a week in Western Sicily this summer as part of our European summer vacation. We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two sons, ages 17 and 15) and we enjoy medieval towns, ancient sites and relaxing at a beautiful beach for some of the time we are there.
We are flying in and out of Nice and spending a week visiting the Cote D'Azur then taking a flight to Palermo, returning to Nice for two days before returning home (our flights have been booked).
We need some advice on how to spend the week in Sicily. We do not want to move around too much and we think we should choose either the Agrigento or Trapani/Marsala areas to base ourselves. We would like to see the Isole Egadi (a short ferry ride from Trapani) but would also like to see the archeological sites near Agrigento. As well, we think it would be a good idea to spend a day in Palermo.
The driving distances between the three areas (Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento) are not far and if you think it is doable, maybe we would consider all three places.
Please let us know what you think we should do as we have to start reserving hotels.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK Printer Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 LEXMARK Tec*h 24/7
- 2 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 4 Milan or Turin
- 5 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 6 Frankfurt to UK
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 9 Days in Spain
- 16 Barcelona alternative
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 Paris to Italy
- 24 Driving through Paris
- 25 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick