We have decided to spend a week in Western Sicily this summer as part of our European summer vacation. We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two sons, ages 17 and 15) and we enjoy medieval towns, ancient sites and relaxing at a beautiful beach for some of the time we are there.
We are flying in and out of Nice and spending a week visiting the Cote D'Azur then taking a flight to Palermo, returning to Nice for two days before returning home (our flights have been booked).
We need some advice on how to spend the week in Sicily. We do not want to move around too much and we think we should choose either the Agrigento or Trapani/Marsala areas to base ourselves. We would like to see the Isole Egadi (a short ferry ride from Trapani) but would also like to see the archeological sites near Agrigento. As well, we think it would be a good idea to spend a day in Palermo.
The driving distances between the three areas (Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento) are not far and if you think it is doable, maybe we would consider all three places.
Please let us know what you think we should do as we have to start reserving hotels.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 3 multi city flights to europe
- 4 One week in Europe
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 9 My final Prague itinerary
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 12 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 18 Private Guide in Lyon
- 19 13 nights in switzerland
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 London Theater
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!