We have decided to spend a week in Western Sicily this summer as part of our European summer vacation. We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two sons, ages 17 and 15) and we enjoy medieval towns, ancient sites and relaxing at a beautiful beach for some of the time we are there.
We are flying in and out of Nice and spending a week visiting the Cote D'Azur then taking a flight to Palermo, returning to Nice for two days before returning home (our flights have been booked).
We need some advice on how to spend the week in Sicily. We do not want to move around too much and we think we should choose either the Agrigento or Trapani/Marsala areas to base ourselves. We would like to see the Isole Egadi (a short ferry ride from Trapani) but would also like to see the archeological sites near Agrigento. As well, we think it would be a good idea to spend a day in Palermo.
The driving distances between the three areas (Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento) are not far and if you think it is doable, maybe we would consider all three places.
Please let us know what you think we should do as we have to start reserving hotels.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 2 Athens
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Transportation from Brno train station
- 7 Budapest & Prague
- 8 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Swiss Travel Pass
- 11 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 12 10 days in Paris and......
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 18 Paris day trips August
- 19 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 Where to enjoy Paris
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 24 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 25 Wimbledon Debenture tickets