We have decided to spend a week in Western Sicily this summer as part of our European summer vacation. We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two sons, ages 17 and 15) and we enjoy medieval towns, ancient sites and relaxing at a beautiful beach for some of the time we are there.
We are flying in and out of Nice and spending a week visiting the Cote D'Azur then taking a flight to Palermo, returning to Nice for two days before returning home (our flights have been booked).
We need some advice on how to spend the week in Sicily. We do not want to move around too much and we think we should choose either the Agrigento or Trapani/Marsala areas to base ourselves. We would like to see the Isole Egadi (a short ferry ride from Trapani) but would also like to see the archeological sites near Agrigento. As well, we think it would be a good idea to spend a day in Palermo.
The driving distances between the three areas (Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento) are not far and if you think it is doable, maybe we would consider all three places.
Please let us know what you think we should do as we have to start reserving hotels.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 2 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 France Study Abroad
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 free international phone calls
- 10 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 11 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 14 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 International drivers permit
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 Sicily Beach Resort
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy