We have decided to spend a week in Western Sicily this summer as part of our European summer vacation. We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two sons, ages 17 and 15) and we enjoy medieval towns, ancient sites and relaxing at a beautiful beach for some of the time we are there.
We are flying in and out of Nice and spending a week visiting the Cote D'Azur then taking a flight to Palermo, returning to Nice for two days before returning home (our flights have been booked).
We need some advice on how to spend the week in Sicily. We do not want to move around too much and we think we should choose either the Agrigento or Trapani/Marsala areas to base ourselves. We would like to see the Isole Egadi (a short ferry ride from Trapani) but would also like to see the archeological sites near Agrigento. As well, we think it would be a good idea to spend a day in Palermo.
The driving distances between the three areas (Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento) are not far and if you think it is doable, maybe we would consider all three places.
Please let us know what you think we should do as we have to start reserving hotels.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland france spain
- 2 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 3 Trip Report to Bordeaux, Sarlat-la-Canéda, and Albi
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 8 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 Top Tapas Tascas
- 13 Iceland car rental agencies
- 14 Amalfi coast in august
- 15 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Venice? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 Greece
- 18 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 19 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 20 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 21 Hiking lake Como
- 22 Prem fares (again)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train