We have decided to spend a week in Western Sicily this summer as part of our European summer vacation. We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two sons, ages 17 and 15) and we enjoy medieval towns, ancient sites and relaxing at a beautiful beach for some of the time we are there.
We are flying in and out of Nice and spending a week visiting the Cote D'Azur then taking a flight to Palermo, returning to Nice for two days before returning home (our flights have been booked).
We need some advice on how to spend the week in Sicily. We do not want to move around too much and we think we should choose either the Agrigento or Trapani/Marsala areas to base ourselves. We would like to see the Isole Egadi (a short ferry ride from Trapani) but would also like to see the archeological sites near Agrigento. As well, we think it would be a good idea to spend a day in Palermo.
The driving distances between the three areas (Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento) are not far and if you think it is doable, maybe we would consider all three places.
Please let us know what you think we should do as we have to start reserving hotels.
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 4 Cambridge in May
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 7 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 8 Dog friendly hotels
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 16 Day trips around Vienna
- 17 Greek fuel cost
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Killarney
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations