I've poked around the forums a bit, but most of the threads are focused on rental cars. A couple friends and I are looking into a 7-10 day excursion in Western Norway in late-May 2011 and I was hoping to get a couple perspectives!
We'd like to start in Bergen for a couple days and then head north to Stalheim by Voss. We'd love to go kayaking and hiking along the Sognefjord, but is it possible to have day trips to Balestrand and Fjaerland from Stalheim? Is there public transportation to any of these places from Stalheim or is that usually through tours?
Afterward, we'd like to head south by Stavanger to Lysefjord to hike Preikestolen and maybe a trail ride on horseback around there. Can anyone recommended any B&B or safe hostels for a couple of active travelers? We're all in our mid-20s and on a budget. Are these two side trips from Bergen doable by public transportation or is rental car the way to go? I know the itinerary is still in the early stages, but is there anything we're missing out on?
Western Norway Trip Suggestions - Train Accessible
- 1 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 2 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 3 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 4 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 5 Last monte Paris apartment
- 6 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 7 jungfraujoch mid june
- 8 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 9 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 10 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 11 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 12 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 13 Nice
- 14 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 15 Cuenca or Toledo
- 16 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 17 Wimpy's
- 18 HELP stuck in Italy
- 19 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 20 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 21 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 22 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 23 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 24 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 25 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy