I've poked around the forums a bit, but most of the threads are focused on rental cars. A couple friends and I are looking into a 7-10 day excursion in Western Norway in late-May 2011 and I was hoping to get a couple perspectives!
We'd like to start in Bergen for a couple days and then head north to Stalheim by Voss. We'd love to go kayaking and hiking along the Sognefjord, but is it possible to have day trips to Balestrand and Fjaerland from Stalheim? Is there public transportation to any of these places from Stalheim or is that usually through tours?
Afterward, we'd like to head south by Stavanger to Lysefjord to hike Preikestolen and maybe a trail ride on horseback around there. Can anyone recommended any B&B or safe hostels for a couple of active travelers? We're all in our mid-20s and on a budget. Are these two side trips from Bergen doable by public transportation or is rental car the way to go? I know the itinerary is still in the early stages, but is there anything we're missing out on?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Greece
- 5 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Help on ancient history route
- 8 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 11 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 12 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 13 Iceland
- 14 Spain - day driver advice
- 15 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 16 London with Teens Trip Report
- 17 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 19 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 20 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 21 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 22 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions