I've poked around the forums a bit, but most of the threads are focused on rental cars. A couple friends and I are looking into a 7-10 day excursion in Western Norway in late-May 2011 and I was hoping to get a couple perspectives!
We'd like to start in Bergen for a couple days and then head north to Stalheim by Voss. We'd love to go kayaking and hiking along the Sognefjord, but is it possible to have day trips to Balestrand and Fjaerland from Stalheim? Is there public transportation to any of these places from Stalheim or is that usually through tours?
Afterward, we'd like to head south by Stavanger to Lysefjord to hike Preikestolen and maybe a trail ride on horseback around there. Can anyone recommended any B&B or safe hostels for a couple of active travelers? We're all in our mid-20s and on a budget. Are these two side trips from Bergen doable by public transportation or is rental car the way to go? I know the itinerary is still in the early stages, but is there anything we're missing out on?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Major quake in central Itay
- 2 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 3 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 6 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 7 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 8 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 9 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 10 French lavender and cottages
- 11 One quick week -- where in France?
- 12 Road trip from Rome to Orvieto and perugia
- 13 3 days with a Swindon base
- 14 Colosseum, roman forum and palatine ticket and tour
- 15 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 16 What Greek islands should I visit
- 17 baltic capitals
- 18 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 19 Brugge or Ghent?
- 20 http://www.newhealthprograms.com/neuphoric-skin
- 21 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 22 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 23 Local markets in Italy
- 24 http://www.muscle4power.com/jack-hammer-xl-reviews/
- 25 part to half has been Georgia residence