I've been lurking a bit lately but it's been a while since I've posted. I've been reinvigorated to finally start setting the rough preparations for planning a trip to Europe. It's looking like the most reasonable time to go with regard to my work schedule is anytime between Jan. 2 and March 1. I was looking to plan 2-3 1/2 weeks but wasn't set in stone.
I had some questions for those who may have had some experience flying to Iceland as a jumpoff spot to continental Europe. I have been looking to get there for as bare bones as possible to maximize my amount of time traveling. I'm a 24 who doesn't mind roughing it and spent 6 months studying in Italy taking all the cheap airlines, late night buses, etc that you can imagine just to travel as much as I could. It appears I can find round trip tickets to Iceland from Boston for under $375 which is a STEAL. I know that this airline (Wow) charges for every single thing additional and luggage will cost about 60-75 which is fine with me. Anyone had experience with this airline service? I was going to use this as a jumping point and find an EasyJet hop off spot in Spain or Italy and spend the 2-3 weeks seeing a bit of Spain and a bit of Italy. I was also curious if anyone had experience getting back to Reykjavik from continental Europe. What would be a cheaper way to make it happen without wasting a whole bunch of time traveling. I don't mind spending the last day of my trip getting back to Reykjavik in order to save some dough.
Thanks for your help in advance. I apologize if I've rambled at some point. I tend to do that. Oh and if I can clarify anything please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 3 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 4 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 7 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Tracking the Weather
- 10 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 11 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 12 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 13 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 14 Europe itinerary help!
- 15 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 barcelona neighborhood
- 20 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€