I've been lurking a bit lately but it's been a while since I've posted. I've been reinvigorated to finally start setting the rough preparations for planning a trip to Europe. It's looking like the most reasonable time to go with regard to my work schedule is anytime between Jan. 2 and March 1. I was looking to plan 2-3 1/2 weeks but wasn't set in stone.
I had some questions for those who may have had some experience flying to Iceland as a jumpoff spot to continental Europe. I have been looking to get there for as bare bones as possible to maximize my amount of time traveling. I'm a 24 who doesn't mind roughing it and spent 6 months studying in Italy taking all the cheap airlines, late night buses, etc that you can imagine just to travel as much as I could. It appears I can find round trip tickets to Iceland from Boston for under $375 which is a STEAL. I know that this airline (Wow) charges for every single thing additional and luggage will cost about 60-75 which is fine with me. Anyone had experience with this airline service? I was going to use this as a jumping point and find an EasyJet hop off spot in Spain or Italy and spend the 2-3 weeks seeing a bit of Spain and a bit of Italy. I was also curious if anyone had experience getting back to Reykjavik from continental Europe. What would be a cheaper way to make it happen without wasting a whole bunch of time traveling. I don't mind spending the last day of my trip getting back to Reykjavik in order to save some dough.
Thanks for your help in advance. I apologize if I've rambled at some point. I tend to do that. Oh and if I can clarify anything please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 Castle Stays in Wales
- 3 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 4 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Can parking
- 10 italy Cinque Terre
- 11 San Sebastián
- 12 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 13 Zurich to Milan trip
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 22 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 23 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg