We are a couple in our late 50's. We have budgeted 6-7 days of our 14 day trip to Ireland to see the west and south-west coasts. We have use of a rented car. We will arrive in the Galway area on July 10 and return to the Dublin airport on July 15. As we are travelling in a counter clockwise direction, our return to Dublin will be from the Cork area, We would like to see the popular spots such as Connemara,the Aran Isles, the Burren Peninsula, the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle, Ring of Kerry etc. We'd like to see a bit of Galway, but, as North Americans, the traffic/ parking make us a bit nervous. We were hoping fellow travellers could recommend which areas might work best as a base/ bases along the way (i.e. 3 nights in Galway, 3 nights in Killarney). Lodging recommendations would be gratefully received - we generally try for 4 star accommodation.
West/ South-west Ireland Itinerary Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy
- 2 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 3 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 4 Side trip from Geneva
- 5 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 6 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 9 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 10 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 13 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 14 21 Days in Central Europe
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 17 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 20 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 21 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 24 Nice hotel (preferably with views) in Etretat, France?
- 25 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)