We are a couple in our late 50's. We have budgeted 6-7 days of our 14 day trip to Ireland to see the west and south-west coasts. We have use of a rented car. We will arrive in the Galway area on July 10 and return to the Dublin airport on July 15. As we are travelling in a counter clockwise direction, our return to Dublin will be from the Cork area, We would like to see the popular spots such as Connemara,the Aran Isles, the Burren Peninsula, the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle, Ring of Kerry etc. We'd like to see a bit of Galway, but, as North Americans, the traffic/ parking make us a bit nervous. We were hoping fellow travellers could recommend which areas might work best as a base/ bases along the way (i.e. 3 nights in Galway, 3 nights in Killarney). Lodging recommendations would be gratefully received - we generally try for 4 star accommodation.
West/ South-west Ireland Itinerary Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 2 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 3 Now for the Venice hotel
- 4 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 7 A Week in Spain
- 8 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 9 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 10 week in scotland
- 11 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 12 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 13 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 14 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 15 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 16 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 17 Rocamaxour
- 18 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 19 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 24 venice, italy
- 25 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days