We are a couple in our late 50's. We have budgeted 6-7 days of our 14 day trip to Ireland to see the west and south-west coasts. We have use of a rented car. We will arrive in the Galway area on July 10 and return to the Dublin airport on July 15. As we are travelling in a counter clockwise direction, our return to Dublin will be from the Cork area, We would like to see the popular spots such as Connemara,the Aran Isles, the Burren Peninsula, the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle, Ring of Kerry etc. We'd like to see a bit of Galway, but, as North Americans, the traffic/ parking make us a bit nervous. We were hoping fellow travellers could recommend which areas might work best as a base/ bases along the way (i.e. 3 nights in Galway, 3 nights in Killarney). Lodging recommendations would be gratefully received - we generally try for 4 star accommodation.
West/ South-west Ireland Itinerary Suggestions
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advises for trip to Russia
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 4 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 5 First time traveler to Ireland
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 17 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 18 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!