I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Our ancestors are from County Clare hence the focus. She can walk but with bad knees very long distances are limited.
We have 2.5-3 full days maximum for this leg of the trip (no option for a longer stay I'm afraid). We will be taking it slow and easy (no long hikes, etc.). More or less some sight seeing, shopping, photo taking, etc. - whatever it is 81 year olds like to do these days.
We will have a rental car and I have chartered this route:
• Cork, Ireland (fly into)
• Bear Peninsula, Cork, Ireland (?)
• Kenmare (Foley’s Guest House)
• Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Ireland
• Limerick, Ireland
• Cliffs of Moher, Clare, Ireland
• Lisdoonvarna, Clare, Ireland
• Ballyvaughan, County Clare, Ireland
• Shannon, Ireland (fly out of)
Am I packing too much in? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 2 Transport for local Venice travel
- 3 Borghese Gallery Question
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 6 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 7 London vacation rental agency
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 9 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 10 Towns around Lucca
- 11 Cork questions
- 12 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday
West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary