I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Our ancestors are from County Clare hence the focus. She can walk but with bad knees very long distances are limited.
We have 2.5-3 full days maximum for this leg of the trip (no option for a longer stay I'm afraid). We will be taking it slow and easy (no long hikes, etc.). More or less some sight seeing, shopping, photo taking, etc. - whatever it is 81 year olds like to do these days.
We will have a rental car and I have chartered this route:
• Cork, Ireland (fly into)
• Bear Peninsula, Cork, Ireland (?)
• Kenmare (Foley’s Guest House)
• Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Ireland
• Limerick, Ireland
• Cliffs of Moher, Clare, Ireland
• Lisdoonvarna, Clare, Ireland
• Ballyvaughan, County Clare, Ireland
• Shannon, Ireland (fly out of)
Am I packing too much in? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Italy in a week
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 SURPRISE TRIP
- 7 Jewish Vienna
- 8 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Reaching the Lake District
- 11 Positano Hotel in September
- 12 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 13 seat reservations
- 14 Scotland itinerary advice
- 15 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 16 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 17 Brussels flower tapestry
- 18 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 19 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 20 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 21 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 22 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Moldova and Transnistria
- 25 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary