I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Our ancestors are from County Clare hence the focus. She can walk but with bad knees very long distances are limited.
We have 2.5-3 full days maximum for this leg of the trip (no option for a longer stay I'm afraid). We will be taking it slow and easy (no long hikes, etc.). More or less some sight seeing, shopping, photo taking, etc. - whatever it is 81 year olds like to do these days.
We will have a rental car and I have chartered this route:
• Cork, Ireland (fly into)
• Bear Peninsula, Cork, Ireland (?)
• Kenmare (Foley’s Guest House)
• Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Ireland
• Limerick, Ireland
• Cliffs of Moher, Clare, Ireland
• Lisdoonvarna, Clare, Ireland
• Ballyvaughan, County Clare, Ireland
• Shannon, Ireland (fly out of)
Am I packing too much in? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 4 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 5 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 16 days in France and Italy
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 11 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 12 Amsterdam
- 13 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 14 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 15 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 19 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 20 Paris for children
- 21 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 25 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary