I will be travelling with my 81 year old Mum to West Ireland from England. Our ancestors are from County Clare hence the focus. She can walk but with bad knees very long distances are limited.
We have 2.5-3 full days maximum for this leg of the trip (no option for a longer stay I'm afraid). We will be taking it slow and easy (no long hikes, etc.). More or less some sight seeing, shopping, photo taking, etc. - whatever it is 81 year olds like to do these days.
We will have a rental car and I have chartered this route:
• Cork, Ireland (fly into)
• Bear Peninsula, Cork, Ireland (?)
• Kenmare (Foley’s Guest House)
• Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Ireland
• Limerick, Ireland
• Cliffs of Moher, Clare, Ireland
• Lisdoonvarna, Clare, Ireland
• Ballyvaughan, County Clare, Ireland
• Shannon, Ireland (fly out of)
Am I packing too much in? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 2 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 3 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 12 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 15 2 weeks Europe trip
- 16 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 17 Transportation
- 18 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 21 Leather goods in Florence
- 22 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 23 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Trip to Rome
West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary