I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Departure Tax in UK
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Charles Degaulle question
- 4 Normandy - driving trip
- 5 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 6 Ballet Bolshoi
- 7 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 8 Switzerland itinerary help
- 9 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 10 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 11 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 12 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 13 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 14 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 15 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 16 munich - day trips
- 17 I'm back.....
- 18 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 19 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 20 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 21 Naples to Pompeii
- 22 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 23 Ireland in November
- 24 To europe this Aug
- 25 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)