I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)
- 1 Spain Travel
- 2 Venice in Jan
- 3 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 4 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 5 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 6 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 7 Southern France
- 8 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 9 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 10 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 11 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 14 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Public transport from Ostuni
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Itinerary Questions
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 21 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 22 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 23 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 24 A full week in The Netherlands
- 25 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany