I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 2 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 3 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 4 Car rental between countries
- 5 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 6 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 7 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 8 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 9 England and Wales by public transport
- 10 Rhine River Cruise
- 11 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 12 Barcelona completely overrated
- 13 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 14 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 15 Greece in 15 Days
- 16 Walking Scotland
- 17 Adaptors for Belgium
- 18 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 19 Train Ticket Help
- 20 I forgot my international driver permit
- 21 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 22 Prague old town
- 23 Bordeaux TRIP
- 24 20 free days of Europe
- 25 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)