I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 2 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 3 Barcelona to south of France
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 England/Scotland In January questions
- 6 Edinburgh Questions...
- 7 Holding bags in Paris
- 8 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 9 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 10 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 11 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 13 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 14 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 15 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 16 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 17 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 18 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 19 Dublin & Stockholm
- 20 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 21 Place to stay in London
- 22 SIXT car rental uk
- 23 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 24 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 25 Cornwall and Germany
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)