I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 2 Sicily
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 House Hunting in France
- 5 Itinerary Tweaking
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 11 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 12 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 13 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 22 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 23 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 24 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 25 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)