I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to take to Germany
- 2 Rue des Rosiers
- 3 visa appointment experience
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 First Trip to Europe!
- 6 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 7 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 8 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 Scotland Trip
- 11 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 14 Hamam Istanbul?
- 15 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 16 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 17 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 18 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 19 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 20 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 21 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 22 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 23 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 24 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 25 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)