I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 Spain itineraries
- 8 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 9 Itinerary Help!
- 10 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 11 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 12 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 13 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 14 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 15 Scotland
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 17 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 18 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 19 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 20 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 21 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 25 Street food in Turkey