I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 2 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 3 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 4 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 5 things in Rhonda
- 6 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Northern Spain literature
- 11 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 10 days in England
- 14 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 15 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 16 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 17 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 18 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 19 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 20 Croatia itinerary
- 21 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 22 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 23 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 24 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 25 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy