I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 4 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 trip to norway
- 8 Is Venice really dirty?
- 9 Where to go in France mid July?
- 10 Help with England/Wales tour
- 11 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 15 Best beach town in Italy?
- 16 Cotswold Churches
- 17 A Greek sojourn
- 18 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 19 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 20 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 21 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 23 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 24 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 25 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe