I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 2 Nice to the luberons
- 3 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 4 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 5 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 6 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 7 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 8 Expat area's in France
- 9 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 10 Schengen rule made easy
- 11 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 12 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 15 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 16 Need help with itinerary
- 17 Italy Spending Budget
- 18 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 19 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 20 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 21 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 22 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 23 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 24 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 25 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul