I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 2 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 3 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 4 Portugal itinerary help
- 5 First Time Solo Travel info
- 6 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 7 Prague hotels
- 8 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 9 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 10 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 13 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 14 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 15 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 16 Munich
- 17 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 18 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 19 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 20 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 21 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 22 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 23 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 24 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 25 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)