I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 2 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 3 Germany train/bus question
- 4 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 5 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 6 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 7 Venice-Dolomites in 6 days
- 8 Puigcerdes to Carcassone?
- 9 Ronda to Seville
- 10 Camino Redux
- 11 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 13 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 14 Car rental Croatia
- 15 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 16 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 19 Pensione Suzanne, Vienna
- 20 kureiff and dcd
- 21 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 22 February in Florence
- 23 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 24 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 25 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)