I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 What fresh hell is this?
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 SE ITALY
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 One free day in Barcelona
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 20 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 25 Uber vs. TfL
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)