I'm visiting England in September and will be spending 3 full days in the countryside. We will be taking a train from London and would like to make one city/town our home base for the duration of the stay. It seems like Somerset might be a good central area to look for a hotel and still hit the places we want to see. Could someone recommend a town that might be a central hub to see the Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge (quick drive-by), and Oxford? I'm hoping to rent a car for our stay that way we can adjust our schedule as we see fit.
West England Countryside (Cotswolds/Bath/Stonehenge/Oxford)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 3 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 4 Gite and/or agritourism
- 5 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 6 England and Scotland
- 7 Athens/Istanbul March
- 8 English ruined castles
- 9 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 10 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 11 Switzerland
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 14 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 15 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 16 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 17 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 22 Dublin to Armagh?
- 23 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 24 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 25 Apartment for family trip to London