My friend and I are planning on flying from London to the West Coast of Ireland. We have 7 days to travel down the coast and fly out of Cork. Where shall we start? Where shall we fly into? We don't want to drive to far from the airport to our first start the first day as we are nervous about driving. Where would be a great starting point. We also would like to stay in a city along the way where we could walk to shops and pubs and see the city life. We do not plan on seeing Dublin on this trip. Is Galway the best city to stay in on the West Coast which will offer us night life and things to see? We would like the names of 3-4 places that we could stay in on our way down the coast. I know there are a lot of questions, so any input is appreciated. Thanks! We love authentic music, Irish people and culture, and beautiful scenery, but don't want to spend all our time driving from sight to sight, we'd like to walk around a city, too.
West Coast of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland November 2015
- 2 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 5 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 13 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 14 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 15 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 16 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 19 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 20 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 21 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 22 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 23 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 24 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 25 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015