My friend and I are planning on flying from London to the West Coast of Ireland. We have 7 days to travel down the coast and fly out of Cork. Where shall we start? Where shall we fly into? We don't want to drive to far from the airport to our first start the first day as we are nervous about driving. Where would be a great starting point. We also would like to stay in a city along the way where we could walk to shops and pubs and see the city life. We do not plan on seeing Dublin on this trip. Is Galway the best city to stay in on the West Coast which will offer us night life and things to see? We would like the names of 3-4 places that we could stay in on our way down the coast. I know there are a lot of questions, so any input is appreciated. Thanks! We love authentic music, Irish people and culture, and beautiful scenery, but don't want to spend all our time driving from sight to sight, we'd like to walk around a city, too.
West Coast of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Votes "No"
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 4 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 7 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 9 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 12 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Where to buy French pashmina scarves on line?
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 16 Plitvice Lakes, Croatia...is it worth the trip?
- 17 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 18 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 22 shortened trip to Italy
- 23 Gift for French business associate
- 24 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 25 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore