My friend and I are planning on flying from London to the West Coast of Ireland. We have 7 days to travel down the coast and fly out of Cork. Where shall we start? Where shall we fly into? We don't want to drive to far from the airport to our first start the first day as we are nervous about driving. Where would be a great starting point. We also would like to stay in a city along the way where we could walk to shops and pubs and see the city life. We do not plan on seeing Dublin on this trip. Is Galway the best city to stay in on the West Coast which will offer us night life and things to see? We would like the names of 3-4 places that we could stay in on our way down the coast. I know there are a lot of questions, so any input is appreciated. Thanks! We love authentic music, Irish people and culture, and beautiful scenery, but don't want to spend all our time driving from sight to sight, we'd like to walk around a city, too.
West Coast of Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 Gogartys, Dublin
- 4 Prague - must see
- 5 Sicily 10 days
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 7 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 8 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 9 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 10 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 11 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 12 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 13 Portugal in September
- 14 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 15 Europe with young teens
- 16 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 17 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 21 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 22 Advises for trip to Russia
- 23 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 24 First time traveler to Ireland
- 25 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions