My friend and I are planning on flying from London to the West Coast of Ireland. We have 7 days to travel down the coast and fly out of Cork. Where shall we start? Where shall we fly into? We don't want to drive to far from the airport to our first start the first day as we are nervous about driving. Where would be a great starting point. We also would like to stay in a city along the way where we could walk to shops and pubs and see the city life. We do not plan on seeing Dublin on this trip. Is Galway the best city to stay in on the West Coast which will offer us night life and things to see? We would like the names of 3-4 places that we could stay in on our way down the coast. I know there are a lot of questions, so any input is appreciated. Thanks! We love authentic music, Irish people and culture, and beautiful scenery, but don't want to spend all our time driving from sight to sight, we'd like to walk around a city, too.
West Coast of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 3 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 4 Air pollution in Paris
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 7 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 8 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 9 Dublin to Armagh?
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 Naxos in May
- 14 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 15 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 18 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 22 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 23 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 24 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 25 San Marino - The world's smallest country