My friend and I are planning on flying from London to the West Coast of Ireland. We have 7 days to travel down the coast and fly out of Cork. Where shall we start? Where shall we fly into? We don't want to drive to far from the airport to our first start the first day as we are nervous about driving. Where would be a great starting point. We also would like to stay in a city along the way where we could walk to shops and pubs and see the city life. We do not plan on seeing Dublin on this trip. Is Galway the best city to stay in on the West Coast which will offer us night life and things to see? We would like the names of 3-4 places that we could stay in on our way down the coast. I know there are a lot of questions, so any input is appreciated. Thanks! We love authentic music, Irish people and culture, and beautiful scenery, but don't want to spend all our time driving from sight to sight, we'd like to walk around a city, too.
West Coast of Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 Italy and Croatia
- 3 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 4 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 5 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 6 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 7 Weekend in Norfolk
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 10 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 11 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 12 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 13 Best beach town in Italy?
- 14 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 15 A Greek sojourn
- 16 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 17 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 18 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 19 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Is Venice really dirty?
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 Autumn in Paris