Planning a trip to UK next year and we want to include at least a week in Wales. Our style is to drive ourselves and stay at coaching inns or b&bs. We've travelled across North Wales (catching the Holyhead ferry to Ireland) and South Wales (Laughanne, Hay-on-Wye etc). We fancy getting a feel for the countryside, the valleys, the choral music, in between. Specific places on our list include Portmeirion and Strata Florida (near Tregaron). We're looking at coming in from Bristol over the Severn and heading up toward Monmouth? Abergavenny? Merthyr Tidfil? (any suggestions here?) then on to Aberystwith (Strata Florida and Portmeirion could be daytrips from there) and coming back across to Shrewsbury. Any ideas and suggestions about scenic driving routes and good places to stay would be most welcome. Thank you.
Welsh Valleys by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 4 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 5 Itinerary Help!
- 6 UK for 12 days !
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 11 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 14 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 15 tour guides in rome
- 16 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 19 Day trip on the Rhine
- 20 poland to switzerland
- 21 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 24 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 25 England/Scotland Itinerary