Planning a trip to UK next year and we want to include at least a week in Wales. Our style is to drive ourselves and stay at coaching inns or b&bs. We've travelled across North Wales (catching the Holyhead ferry to Ireland) and South Wales (Laughanne, Hay-on-Wye etc). We fancy getting a feel for the countryside, the valleys, the choral music, in between. Specific places on our list include Portmeirion and Strata Florida (near Tregaron). We're looking at coming in from Bristol over the Severn and heading up toward Monmouth? Abergavenny? Merthyr Tidfil? (any suggestions here?) then on to Aberystwith (Strata Florida and Portmeirion could be daytrips from there) and coming back across to Shrewsbury. Any ideas and suggestions about scenic driving routes and good places to stay would be most welcome. Thank you.
Welsh Valleys by car
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 3 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Car in Prague
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Istanbul hotels
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 16 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 19 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 20 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 21 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 25 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)