Planning a trip to UK next year and we want to include at least a week in Wales. Our style is to drive ourselves and stay at coaching inns or b&bs. We've travelled across North Wales (catching the Holyhead ferry to Ireland) and South Wales (Laughanne, Hay-on-Wye etc). We fancy getting a feel for the countryside, the valleys, the choral music, in between. Specific places on our list include Portmeirion and Strata Florida (near Tregaron). We're looking at coming in from Bristol over the Severn and heading up toward Monmouth? Abergavenny? Merthyr Tidfil? (any suggestions here?) then on to Aberystwith (Strata Florida and Portmeirion could be daytrips from there) and coming back across to Shrewsbury. Any ideas and suggestions about scenic driving routes and good places to stay would be most welcome. Thank you.
Welsh Valleys by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 4 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 5 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 6 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 7 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 8 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 9 Stay near Paris
- 10 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 Oktoberfest reservations
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 16 Eurostar booking
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 19 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 20 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 21 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 22 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 23 What to wear
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 italy