Planning a trip to UK next year and we want to include at least a week in Wales. Our style is to drive ourselves and stay at coaching inns or b&bs. We've travelled across North Wales (catching the Holyhead ferry to Ireland) and South Wales (Laughanne, Hay-on-Wye etc). We fancy getting a feel for the countryside, the valleys, the choral music, in between. Specific places on our list include Portmeirion and Strata Florida (near Tregaron). We're looking at coming in from Bristol over the Severn and heading up toward Monmouth? Abergavenny? Merthyr Tidfil? (any suggestions here?) then on to Aberystwith (Strata Florida and Portmeirion could be daytrips from there) and coming back across to Shrewsbury. Any ideas and suggestions about scenic driving routes and good places to stay would be most welcome. Thank you.
Welsh Valleys by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A drive in Europe
- 2 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 3 Prague - Tram #22
- 4 nearby cities to london
- 5 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 6 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 9 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 10 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 11 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 12 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 13 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 14 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 15 Porto -City Break
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 18 7 days in Greece
- 19 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 20 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 24 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 25 London hotel