I am in Dusseldorf for meetings week of January 27th and thought I would take the opportunity to spend the weekend in the area (either before or after). I don't want to rent a car, so need to be city-based. Which city in the area (less than 2 hour train ride) would you recommend?
I am thinking Cologne may suit my requirements, which are: Museums, historic old towns, great architecture, art galleries.
Many thanks in advance for your assistance and recommendations.
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 3 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 4 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 5 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 6 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Sim Card Options
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 38 Days in Paris
- 11 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Day trip ideas
- 15 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 16 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 17 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 18 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 19 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 20 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 21 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 22 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 23 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 24 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 25 Itinerary review from a overplanner