I am in Dusseldorf for meetings week of January 27th and thought I would take the opportunity to spend the weekend in the area (either before or after). I don't want to rent a car, so need to be city-based. Which city in the area (less than 2 hour train ride) would you recommend?
I am thinking Cologne may suit my requirements, which are: Museums, historic old towns, great architecture, art galleries.
Many thanks in advance for your assistance and recommendations.
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 5 London with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 8 Lake Como AREA questions
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 11 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 12 Spain - day driver advice
- 13 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 14 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 15 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 16 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 17 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 20 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 21 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 24 Madrird and Seville
- 25 Greece