Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 2 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 5 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 6 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 7 Classical Music in Milan
- 8 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 9 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 10 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 11 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 12 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 13 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 14 Pousadas in Portugal
- 15 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 16 Antiques shopping Rome
- 17 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 18 Scotland Trip Planning
- 19 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 20 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 21 Paris food tours?
- 22 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 23 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 24 Lake Maggiore
- 25 Sankt Goar to Cologne