Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy weather last week of March.
- 2 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 3 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 4 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 5 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 6 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 7 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 8 Ischia and Positano/Sorrento? Or just Ischia?
- 9 we are planning a trip to Ireland.!!! I NEED HELP
- 10 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 11 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 12 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 13 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 14 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 15 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 16 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 17 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 18 Trieste or Venice car rental offices open Saturday afternoon ?
- 19 One Way... trust or bust?
- 20 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 21 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 22 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 23 Alhambra
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Paris weather