Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me decide between these 3 agriturismos in Southern Tuscany. .
- 2 Luggage Storage in London
- 3 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 4 Tolls in VIENNA-BUDAPEST-ZAGREB-GRAZ-BRATISLAVA-PRAGUE?
- 5 An October day in the Luberon
- 6 Need a couple of trail suggestions in Alpe Siusi
- 7 Alsace
- 8 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 9 My summer in Paris
- 10 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 11 Is this a good locatiuon and hotel for first time Paris tourists?
- 12 Euro railways
- 13 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 14 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 15 translation
- 16 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 17 Belgium/Luxembourg driving itinerary
- 18 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 19 Romantic hotel in venice
- 20 stockholm archipelago cruise ideas
- 21 Sweden and Denmark
- 22 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 23 Round trip to Bergen question
- 24 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 25 2 Week Balkan Adventure