Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 2 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 8 First time in Bulgaria
- 9 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Alps Drive
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 Paris cooking classes
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 20 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Praiano
- 25 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)