Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Week-long stopover in Reykjavik, and then...?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Hours in Brussels
- 2 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 3 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 6 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 7 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 8 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 9 destination wedding
- 10 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 11 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 12 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 15 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 16 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 17 London Private Detectives
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 Calling Jamikins
- 20 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 23 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 24 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 25 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich