Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 House Hunting in France
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 Itinerary Tweaking
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 9 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 10 Hotel in Vienna
- 11 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 16 Amalfi Coast help
- 17 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 18 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 19 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 20 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 21 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 22 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 23 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 24 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 25 If you had to choose one......