Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Week-long stopover in Reykjavik, and then...?
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 3 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 4 Bank of England Museum
- 5 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 6 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 7 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 8 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 9 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 10 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 11 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 12 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 13 East coast trains
- 14 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 15 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 16 Which tour company would be best?
- 17 First night after arriving in Milan
- 18 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 19 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 20 France by rail or car?
- 21 Planning my days in Paris
- 22 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 23 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 24 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 25 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy