Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 2 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 3 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 7 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 8 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 12 Iceland trip report!
- 13 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Bernese Oberland
- 16 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 17 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 18 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 19 Couscous
- 20 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 21 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 22 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 23 Denmark or Sweden?
- 24 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 25 Moscow Favorites