Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Week-long stopover in Reykjavik, and then...?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London during Christmas week
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 4 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 5 Luggage sizing
- 6 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 7 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 8 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 9 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 10 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 11 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 12 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 Eleanor's Pages
- 15 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 16 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 17 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 20 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 21 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 22 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 23 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 24 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 25 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?