Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escargots in Paris
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 7 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 8 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 9 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 10 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 11 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 12 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 13 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 14 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 15 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 16 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 17 Acropolis Athens
- 18 Vacation in Great Britain
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 21 Interesting places to visit
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Trip Ideas
- 24 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 25 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June