Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Week-long stopover in Reykjavik, and then...?
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 Planning a holiday
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 10 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 15 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 16 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 17 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 20 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 Sicily 10 days
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!