Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verona or Athens?
- 2 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 3 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 4 Basque country ideas
- 5 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 6 Help with first time trip with family
- 7 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 8 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 9 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 10 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 11 My 60th birthday surprises
- 12 Spain car rental questions
- 13 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 14 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 15 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 16 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 17 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 18 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 19 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 20 European Cooking Secrets
- 21 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 22 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 23 RHK's Fall escape
- 24 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 25 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice