Been reading the forum messages here for a long time, and have always been impressed at how very knowledgeable and helpful you all are! I'd like to ask a few questions myself, in hopes of getting some thoughts and opinions.
I will be going to Reykjavik in April, and have noticed that the trip can actually be booked as a (up to) week-long stopover, with an ultimate destination in Europe (Oslo, Stockholm, London, etc). It actually costs $100 LESS to book an Icelandair flight from Boston - Reykjavik - London than to book Boston - Reykjavik. So, my thinking is that I might as well make the trip a two-parter.
I've been to Europe five times, and have spent time in most of the cities where Icelandair flies. But I haven't yet seen Glasgow or Oslo, though, and really would enjoy it to see either. I would be spending 5 days or so in one of those cities.
My question is, which do I see? And if I choose Glasgow, would it be advisable to fly into London (since I'd love to spend a day or two there again) and then somehow get myself to Glasgow for several days? Or do I choose Oslo? I'd love some thoughts, as either city would be wonderful. Hotel recommendations would be equally welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 4 Whistle stop family road trip
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 Tourist Perspective On Croatia
- 7 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 8 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 9 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 10 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 13 Sao Vicente Hike on Madeira
- 14 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 15 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 16 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 17 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 18 Visiting Zurich
- 19 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 20 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 23 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 24 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 25 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?