I am going to a wedding in early August of a close family friend. We are planning to bring our 2 kids (active boys aged 8 and 10) along with my brother and his family (girls 4 and 6) and grandparents (including 79 year old grandpa - but he does not have to do everything).
The wedding is near Dusseldorf. We are planning to be in Europe for about 2 weeks. I would welcome ideas of some high level itineraries that might be appealing for young children. My husband and I already did a small tour of Bavaria a couple of years ago so we probably would not do that again. Some family members had mentioned Berlin; others had mentioned the Netherlands and Belgium or possibly Switzerland. I don't know if Denmark or Eastern Europe would be too far?? I know I am all over the map here . . .
All 4 kids enjoy the outdoors and would be up for some moderate hiking (Grandpa would be OK with skipping any heavy duty hikes). We would want to mix things up so that there is a blend of cultural sights and some outdoors/active stuff too.
Help! I'm not used to traveling in Europe with little tykes in tow . . . I know that we will need to choose several hubs and not hop around to too many destinations given the size of the group and age spans involved.
Thanks so much, in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 3 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 8 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 9 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Italian lakes
- 12 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 17 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 18 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 19 10 day Italy
- 20 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Prague itinerary advice
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Santorini lodging
- 25 Ireland