I am going to a wedding in early August of a close family friend. We are planning to bring our 2 kids (active boys aged 8 and 10) along with my brother and his family (girls 4 and 6) and grandparents (including 79 year old grandpa - but he does not have to do everything).
The wedding is near Dusseldorf. We are planning to be in Europe for about 2 weeks. I would welcome ideas of some high level itineraries that might be appealing for young children. My husband and I already did a small tour of Bavaria a couple of years ago so we probably would not do that again. Some family members had mentioned Berlin; others had mentioned the Netherlands and Belgium or possibly Switzerland. I don't know if Denmark or Eastern Europe would be too far?? I know I am all over the map here . . .
All 4 kids enjoy the outdoors and would be up for some moderate hiking (Grandpa would be OK with skipping any heavy duty hikes). We would want to mix things up so that there is a blend of cultural sights and some outdoors/active stuff too.
Help! I'm not used to traveling in Europe with little tykes in tow . . . I know that we will need to choose several hubs and not hop around to too many destinations given the size of the group and age spans involved.
Thanks so much, in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 2 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 3 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 4 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 5 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 6 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 7 Dublin Leap Card
- 8 vegetarian in spain
- 9 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 12 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 13 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 14 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 15 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 16 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 17 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 18 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 19 Cordoba Overnight?
- 20 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 21 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 25 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no