I am going to a wedding in early August of a close family friend. We are planning to bring our 2 kids (active boys aged 8 and 10) along with my brother and his family (girls 4 and 6) and grandparents (including 79 year old grandpa - but he does not have to do everything).
The wedding is near Dusseldorf. We are planning to be in Europe for about 2 weeks. I would welcome ideas of some high level itineraries that might be appealing for young children. My husband and I already did a small tour of Bavaria a couple of years ago so we probably would not do that again. Some family members had mentioned Berlin; others had mentioned the Netherlands and Belgium or possibly Switzerland. I don't know if Denmark or Eastern Europe would be too far?? I know I am all over the map here . . .
All 4 kids enjoy the outdoors and would be up for some moderate hiking (Grandpa would be OK with skipping any heavy duty hikes). We would want to mix things up so that there is a blend of cultural sights and some outdoors/active stuff too.
Help! I'm not used to traveling in Europe with little tykes in tow . . . I know that we will need to choose several hubs and not hop around to too many destinations given the size of the group and age spans involved.
Thanks so much, in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 2 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 3 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 4 Milos beach stay
- 5 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 6 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 7 Driving in Wales
- 8 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 14 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 15 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 16 One day around Lake Brienz
- 17 Bayeux Restaurants
- 18 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 19 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 20 Best Viking Sites
- 21 Language to use in Belgium
- 22 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 23 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 24 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 25 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?