I am going to a wedding in early August of a close family friend. We are planning to bring our 2 kids (active boys aged 8 and 10) along with my brother and his family (girls 4 and 6) and grandparents (including 79 year old grandpa - but he does not have to do everything).
The wedding is near Dusseldorf. We are planning to be in Europe for about 2 weeks. I would welcome ideas of some high level itineraries that might be appealing for young children. My husband and I already did a small tour of Bavaria a couple of years ago so we probably would not do that again. Some family members had mentioned Berlin; others had mentioned the Netherlands and Belgium or possibly Switzerland. I don't know if Denmark or Eastern Europe would be too far?? I know I am all over the map here . . .
All 4 kids enjoy the outdoors and would be up for some moderate hiking (Grandpa would be OK with skipping any heavy duty hikes). We would want to mix things up so that there is a blend of cultural sights and some outdoors/active stuff too.
Help! I'm not used to traveling in Europe with little tykes in tow . . . I know that we will need to choose several hubs and not hop around to too many destinations given the size of the group and age spans involved.
Thanks so much, in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Borghese Gallery Question
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 11 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 16 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 17 Towns around Lucca
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa