We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway and Netherlands
- 2 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 3 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 4 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 5 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 6 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley
- 7 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 8 Going to Istanbul for 3 days
- 9 Train to Sorrento
- 10 Is credit card rental car insurance worth it??
- 11 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 12 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 13 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 14 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 15 Travel help laundary
- 16 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 17 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 18 Bruges to Brussels Central
- 19 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 20 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 21 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 22 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 6 nights in Dublin
- 25 Kerry /Dingle Bus Tour
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland