We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation Question Italy
- 2 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 5 Germany deregistration
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 8 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 9 One day in Lille, France
- 10 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 11 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 12 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 13 Corsica
- 14 CDG to Marais transfer
- 15 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 16 London best location
- 17 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 18 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 19 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 20 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 London Restaurants
- 23 Train tickets in Italy?
- 24 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 25 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland