We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 2 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 3 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 4 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 7 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 8 Rungis market Paris
- 9 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 10 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 11 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 12 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 13 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 14 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 15 RHK's Fall escape
- 16 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 17 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 18 Europe Itinerary
- 19 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 21 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 22 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 23 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 24 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 25 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland