We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 2 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 5 French restaurants
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Tour groups
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 English Countryside
- 13 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 14 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 15 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 16 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 17 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 18 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 19 Driving in Italy?
- 20 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 21 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 22 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 23 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 Granada to Madrid
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland