We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 2 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 3 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 4 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 5 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 6 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 7 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 8 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 9 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 10 21 Days in Central Europe
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 London 2nd time around
- 13 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 14 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 15 London visit
- 16 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 17 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 21 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 22 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 23 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 24 My itinerary for Greece
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)