We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 2 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 3 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 4 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 7 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 8 help with Italy itinerary
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Venice
- 11 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 12 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 13 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 14 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Scotland and London 21 days
- 17 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 19 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 20 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 21 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 22 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Capri in July
- 25 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland