We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 4 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 5 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 6 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 9 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 12 French Basque region
- 13 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 14 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 15 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 16 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 17 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 18 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 19 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 20 Story of the German Christmas star
- 21 Airport ATMs
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 24 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 25 American Express