We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 Are you looking Benefits Webdesign Hull?
- 3 First time in France
- 4 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 5 Puglia or La Langhe
- 6 What to expect over Christmas
- 7 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 8 Italy/Greece with kids
- 9 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 10 Rome
- 11 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 12 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 13 Prague hotels
- 14 Need help in travel planning
- 15 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 16 Munich
- 17 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 18 Northern lights in December
- 19 Booking hotels before trains
- 20 Flights from Croatia
- 21 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 22 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 23 Budapest
- 24 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 25 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland