We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 13 5 Days in Switzerland
- 14 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 17 International Flight Question
- 18 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 19 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 25 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland