We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thursday Night Football
- 2 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 9 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 10 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 11 Munich and....???
- 12 Can parking
- 13 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 16 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 magnified mirror
- 20 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 21 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 22 Driving through Paris
- 23 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 24 San Sebastián
- 25 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland