We're 2 adults (DW and I in mid 30s), my parents (mid 60s) and my daughters (3yo and 8mo) spending 6 nights in Lucerne / lauterbrunnen / Zurich during middle of May. My questions pertain around the following:
1. What will the weather be like in Lucerne and Zurich during this time? What about Jungfrau region? We plan to visit Grindelwald / Wengen / Brienz / Thun / Jungfraujoch / First / Bachalpsee - Any chance of rain during this time?
Being part of a 2 week trip (we're spending another week in Costa Del Sol), in all we will have 5 pieces of luggage, plus 2 prams and maybe 2 day backpacks.
2. With the above and karting 2 kids around, how challenging will it be to transfer trains from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen and return Lauterbrunnen to Zurich?
3. Do stations have baggage handling service or a way where one can check in bags all the way to final destination?
4. We're coming from India (high 30s - 40 celsius), is there any tips on what to pack for the kids / adults from a weather standpoint for Jungfrau region?
5. We're picking up the 8-day swiss pass. Do I need to reserve seats for specific routes and times in advance or can I walk into any station on day of travel and do this before boarding the train?
Sorry these are detailed and long questions but you know how it is - one wants to iron out everything before such a long trip.
I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Thanks a lot
Weather, Luggage and Train Questions - family travel in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 2 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 4 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 5 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 6 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 7 Eating in University cafeterias
- 8 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 9 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 10 travel to western Europe from India
- 11 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 12 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 13 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 14 wineries near Ronda
- 15 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 16 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 17 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 18 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 19 Madrid and London
- 20 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 21 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 22 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 23 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 24 Tour Group Operators
- 25 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking