My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy and Switzerland( April end 2014).Visit Italy first(Rome, Venice and Cinque Terre) followed by a few days around Interlaken. I have read that April and May are bad months to visit places like Murren, Wengan, Grimmelwald, Lauterbrunnen.
1. How would the weather be?
2.. Will there be trains and gondolas working around these areas in April last week?
3.Will everything be covered in snow or will be green in some areas?
4.Will we be able to do small hikes around these areas?
Any help would be appriciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Praiano
- 3 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 6 Ireland itinerary help please
- 7 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 8 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 9 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 10 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 11 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 12 Canal du Midi
- 13 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 17 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 18 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 19 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 20 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 21 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 22 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 23 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 24 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations