My husband and I are headed to Scotland for a two week self guided car trip in May 2014. We will arrive in Edinburgh May 5th. We are headed north to Elgin and Inverness, then over to Isle of Skye, down to Oban then back to Edinburgh. Any suggestions on what type of things to pack? We try to pack light when we travel and we are going to be in Europe for a total of 3 and 1/2 weeks, so I don't want to have to pack a lot of winter outerwear, scarves, gloves, boots et cetera if we are not going to need it. We will not be doing a lot of hiking, we will be more exploring and castle touring.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Seville to Cordoba
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 10 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 15 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 16 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 17 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 18 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 19 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 20 Sim Cards
- 21 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 22 London in Winter Report
- 23 Portugal rental car
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan