My husband and I are headed to Scotland for a two week self guided car trip in May 2014. We will arrive in Edinburgh May 5th. We are headed north to Elgin and Inverness, then over to Isle of Skye, down to Oban then back to Edinburgh. Any suggestions on what type of things to pack? We try to pack light when we travel and we are going to be in Europe for a total of 3 and 1/2 weeks, so I don't want to have to pack a lot of winter outerwear, scarves, gloves, boots et cetera if we are not going to need it. We will not be doing a lot of hiking, we will be more exploring and castle touring.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which city order makes most sense?
- 2 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 3 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 4 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 5 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 6 Valencia, Spain
- 7 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 8 Visit to Engand
- 9 Clean up spam
- 10 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 11 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 12 Restaurants in Spain
- 13 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 14 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 15 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 16 Is Sicily Safe?
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Gardens & GTGs
- 19 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 20 Transportation Question Italy
- 21 Car rental help in Sicily
- 22 Need final tweaks on Greece trip and restaurant recs!
- 23 Stu Tower
- 24 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 25 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?