My husband and I are headed to Scotland for a two week self guided car trip in May 2014. We will arrive in Edinburgh May 5th. We are headed north to Elgin and Inverness, then over to Isle of Skye, down to Oban then back to Edinburgh. Any suggestions on what type of things to pack? We try to pack light when we travel and we are going to be in Europe for a total of 3 and 1/2 weeks, so I don't want to have to pack a lot of winter outerwear, scarves, gloves, boots et cetera if we are not going to need it. We will not be doing a lot of hiking, we will be more exploring and castle touring.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 4 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Towns around Lucca
- 7 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 8 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 9 Airline to Rome
- 10 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 11 Georgia in 4 days
- 12 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Dublin Luggage storage
- 15 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 16 Croatia short sail trip
- 17 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 18 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 19 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 20 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 23 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 24 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 25 Which Hotel in Rome