My husband and I are headed to Scotland for a two week self guided car trip in May 2014. We will arrive in Edinburgh May 5th. We are headed north to Elgin and Inverness, then over to Isle of Skye, down to Oban then back to Edinburgh. Any suggestions on what type of things to pack? We try to pack light when we travel and we are going to be in Europe for a total of 3 and 1/2 weeks, so I don't want to have to pack a lot of winter outerwear, scarves, gloves, boots et cetera if we are not going to need it. We will not be doing a lot of hiking, we will be more exploring and castle touring.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 LIsbon
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 International Flight Question
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 12 Trip suggestion
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 15 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 16 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 20 Summer Travel order
- 21 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 22 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 23 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017