I've read a few posts on travellers querying what to wear in Italy & France and I don't quite understand the big deal about sneakers (athletic shoes) being frowned upon by the locals. My wife and I will be doing a substantial amount of walking and luggage toting around France, Italy and Spain throughout the month of Sept and I can't think of a more sensible piece of equipment than a sturdy pair of Adidas; no, they're not white. As long as the shoes aren't dirty or tattered is there anything I should be worried about if we enter a bistro or trattoria wearing rubber on our soles? Please advise
Wearing Sneakers in France & Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 3 Greece after the Vote
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 rail pass
- 6 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 7 Great restaurants in Italy
- 8 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 9 Age for booking a hotel?
- 10 Germany for 3 weeks
- 11 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 12 The Vatican Latest
- 13 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 14 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 15 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 16 April in Madrid
- 17 Mona Lisa Discovered
- 18 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 19 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 20 Renting an apt.
- 21 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 22 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 25 Germany and Switzerland