When we visit the UK this summer we would like to see the Weald and Downland museum in West Sussex. We will be coming from Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells. We also would like to see the Seven Sisters enroute either to or from. How much driving time would that be for one day? The map programs say about 4 hours for a round trip but I know we have to add to that figure.
Obviously we will not have time for both Petworth House and Arundel Castle combined with the above so what would make the better pairing? Petworth--grand stately home with lots of Turner paintings and Gainsborough paintings plus the wood carvings by Gibbons is one option or Arundel Castle which also has a fair share of paintings. What would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Denmark or Sweden?
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 Trek through Eur
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 London Hotels
- 12 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help