When we visit the UK this summer we would like to see the Weald and Downland museum in West Sussex. We will be coming from Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells. We also would like to see the Seven Sisters enroute either to or from. How much driving time would that be for one day? The map programs say about 4 hours for a round trip but I know we have to add to that figure.
Obviously we will not have time for both Petworth House and Arundel Castle combined with the above so what would make the better pairing? Petworth--grand stately home with lots of Turner paintings and Gainsborough paintings plus the wood carvings by Gibbons is one option or Arundel Castle which also has a fair share of paintings. What would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Epson SET-UP CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Epson PRINTER Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 4 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 5 Paris and Normandy
- 6 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 7 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 12 DUBROVNIK: staying inside oldtown vs Hotel Excelsior/Hilton?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 15 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 Airport Transit Visa
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 20 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 21 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 22 Paris advice with kids
- 23 Anniversary trip to France
- 24 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 25 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?