When we visit the UK this summer we would like to see the Weald and Downland museum in West Sussex. We will be coming from Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells. We also would like to see the Seven Sisters enroute either to or from. How much driving time would that be for one day? The map programs say about 4 hours for a round trip but I know we have to add to that figure.
Obviously we will not have time for both Petworth House and Arundel Castle combined with the above so what would make the better pairing? Petworth--grand stately home with lots of Turner paintings and Gainsborough paintings plus the wood carvings by Gibbons is one option or Arundel Castle which also has a fair share of paintings. What would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care YES!
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 7 Christmas Day in Granada
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 car insurance italy
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 12 Venice/Mestre
- 13 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Transylvania - June 2018
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 20 Krakow
- 21 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 22 Quizz !
- 23 Pay attention to your watches !
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)