When we visit the UK this summer we would like to see the Weald and Downland museum in West Sussex. We will be coming from Tonbridge or Tunbridge Wells. We also would like to see the Seven Sisters enroute either to or from. How much driving time would that be for one day? The map programs say about 4 hours for a round trip but I know we have to add to that figure.
Obviously we will not have time for both Petworth House and Arundel Castle combined with the above so what would make the better pairing? Petworth--grand stately home with lots of Turner paintings and Gainsborough paintings plus the wood carvings by Gibbons is one option or Arundel Castle which also has a fair share of paintings. What would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 2 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 3 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 4 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 5 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 9 3 weeks in Spain
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 12 Rent a car in England
- 13 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 14 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 15 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 16 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 17 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 18 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 21 2017 Easter in Italy
- 22 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 23 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 24 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 25 Edinburgh to Skye