Husband and I have 9 nights to spend in Tuscany this June. After reading many recommendations here, we have already booked the first 4 nights in montepulciano (politian apartments, from where we will explore the Val d-Orica region) , then we have 2 nights booked in Arezzo (so we can experience the Giostra del Saracino). We are confused where to spend our last 3 nights in Tuscany for a base to explore more central/north Tuscany and to be in an area that would compliment our previous destinations (i.e. allow us to experience a different side of Tuscany to the Val d'orica region). In my searching, there seem to be more recommendations regarding the Val d'orica region and not so many for the rest of Tuscany.
Some info that may help: we will have a car, we don’t need to visit to Florence, we enjoy food, wine, art, architecture, culsture, history etc. our next destination after Tuscany is levanto and the CT. we are open to both agritourismo and in town suggestions.
Regards, and thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 6 day itinerary
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 London in Winter Report
- 4 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 5 IWM
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 Seville to Cordoba
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 10 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 11 Travelling Iceland
- 12 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 13 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 14 Portugal rental car
- 15 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 16 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 17 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 18 Trastevere Food
- 19 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 20 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 21 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 22 Sim Cards
- 23 Nightime Tivoli
- 24 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 25 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
We need 1 more location to complete our 9 night tuscan discovery adventure?