Husband and I have 9 nights to spend in Tuscany this June. After reading many recommendations here, we have already booked the first 4 nights in montepulciano (politian apartments, from where we will explore the Val d-Orica region) , then we have 2 nights booked in Arezzo (so we can experience the Giostra del Saracino). We are confused where to spend our last 3 nights in Tuscany for a base to explore more central/north Tuscany and to be in an area that would compliment our previous destinations (i.e. allow us to experience a different side of Tuscany to the Val d'orica region). In my searching, there seem to be more recommendations regarding the Val d'orica region and not so many for the rest of Tuscany.
Some info that may help: we will have a car, we don’t need to visit to Florence, we enjoy food, wine, art, architecture, culsture, history etc. our next destination after Tuscany is levanto and the CT. we are open to both agritourismo and in town suggestions.
Regards, and thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 5 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
We need 1 more location to complete our 9 night tuscan discovery adventure?