My husband and I are spending 2 weeks driving around the Netherlands in the last half of September. Among the usually sights, we're interested in seeing places that show what the Dutch have done to reclaim the sea and to protect themselves from sea rise (living in both Rhode Island and Miami Beach, we're facing the future). I have read a bit about Delta Works and the Zieder Zee Museum, but I'm wondering what advice forum participants might have. I'm not sure why, but the info is a bit hard to follow. Has anybody done any of this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 2 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 3 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 6 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 7 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 8 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 9 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 10 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 17 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 18 Lyon france-- rental car
- 19 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 20 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 21 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 22 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 23 Greece mainland and islands
- 24 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 25 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out