at long last - adding something significant to the old Jewish ghetto in Warsaw that was so devastated in WW2 by the Nazis - Poland once having perhaps the largest Jewish population in Europe - visiting the Warsaw ghetto was a sobering experience in my few times in Warsaw - the lines of the former ghetto being traced on the streets as little is left - so the new museum is a long-awaited measure by the Polish government to recongize the country's immense Jewish history and immense suffering they had.
Anyone going please report back.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days