at long last - adding something significant to the old Jewish ghetto in Warsaw that was so devastated in WW2 by the Nazis - Poland once having perhaps the largest Jewish population in Europe - visiting the Warsaw ghetto was a sobering experience in my few times in Warsaw - the lines of the former ghetto being traced on the streets as little is left - so the new museum is a long-awaited measure by the Polish government to recongize the country's immense Jewish history and immense suffering they had.
Anyone going please report back.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Cambrils
- 3 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Amalfi Coast help
- 11 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 18 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 19 Trains in Alps and UK
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary