I am hoping to visit the Edinburgh Tattoo in 2014 for an 40th Birthday gift to myself. However, I will not know if everything can be arranged and financed, till around May. I would like to really do this up big and participate in one of the dinner packages and VIP seats.
Would May be to late to purchase a ticket for one? Has anyone ever attended the more formal events? Are they worth the price? Or would I be better off in purchasing a good ticket (if I can get it) and finding something else to splurge on?
Thank you for your answers.
P.S. If I will be able to purchase a ticket, then I will be planning my trip around this event. I hope to visit England also. So I may be asking more questions about places to stay in and around Scotland and England.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 3 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 4 Praiano
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 7 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
Wanting to visit Tattoo, Will I get a good ticket for 1 in May?