So, I will be travelling with my two young boys, 6 and 8, by car through Benelux countries, Germany, and Austria for 30 days this summer. I have travelled internationally many, many times, and my boys have spent a month in Germany two years ago.
I feel like I have the basics down; itinerary, transportation, friends to visit, but I would love to hear some tips by veteran travellers that will make my trip even easier. I am thinking along the line of extras to pack that I wouldn't think of, games or things to keep kids interested besides the usual car games, toiletries worth bringing and those worth leaving at home, more efficient ways of packing, etc
I've decided that while I LOVE travelling, I do find a lot of joy in the actual planning. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 6 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 7 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 12 4 days itinerary for France
- 13 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 vienna
- 19 Questions about Polish sights
- 20 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 21 Bernina Express mid-March
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Italy
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets