So, I will be travelling with my two young boys, 6 and 8, by car through Benelux countries, Germany, and Austria for 30 days this summer. I have travelled internationally many, many times, and my boys have spent a month in Germany two years ago.
I feel like I have the basics down; itinerary, transportation, friends to visit, but I would love to hear some tips by veteran travellers that will make my trip even easier. I am thinking along the line of extras to pack that I wouldn't think of, games or things to keep kids interested besides the usual car games, toiletries worth bringing and those worth leaving at home, more efficient ways of packing, etc
I've decided that while I LOVE travelling, I do find a lot of joy in the actual planning. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 Travel in Europe
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Whathello Paris
- 12 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 13 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 November in Rome
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa