Looking for some walking/biking tour suggestions for Florence and Rome. We will be in Florence for 6 days, one of those days will be a day trip to Tuscany & Pisa, and then well be in Rome for 3 days.
We would like a mix of exploring on our own and some guided tours. Suggestions for what is best to see with a guide and what can be explored on our own would be helpful. We have never been to Italy so we really are up for anything but we want to be outside and not stuck on a bus, we are completely find with walking as we are a young fit couple. Also, we would like to keep costs to a minimum and also save some time avoiding lines.
Some top attractions to see, but not limited to:
St. Peter's Basilica
Thanks in advanced!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 Europe for Beginners
- 3 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 4 Short time in Vienna
- 5 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 6 Paris in August
- 7 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 8 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 9 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 10 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 11 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 14 Getting around London
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 Wine Tasting in France
- 17 Iceland in January/February
- 18 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 19 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 20 The DCC scam is spreading
- 21 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 22 Moldova and Transnistria
- 23 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 24 Places to visit from Zurich
- 25 Loire Valley restaurants