Looking for some walking/biking tour suggestions for Florence and Rome. We will be in Florence for 6 days, one of those days will be a day trip to Tuscany & Pisa, and then well be in Rome for 3 days.
We would like a mix of exploring on our own and some guided tours. Suggestions for what is best to see with a guide and what can be explored on our own would be helpful. We have never been to Italy so we really are up for anything but we want to be outside and not stuck on a bus, we are completely find with walking as we are a young fit couple. Also, we would like to keep costs to a minimum and also save some time avoiding lines.
Some top attractions to see, but not limited to:
St. Peter's Basilica
Thanks in advanced!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 2 Rome or Venice first
- 3 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 7 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 12 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 13 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 14 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 15 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 16 Athens Help
- 17 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 18 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 19 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Lille Braderie 2017
- 21 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 22 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 23 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014