I know this will sound pretty lame, but I wanted to know if it is possible to walk across the border into Slovenia or Croatia. We'd love to "pop in" to Slovenia on our way from Venice back to our hotel in Austria. Our route will take us near the border, but our car rental company will not allow us to drive into either of these countries. Can anyone suggest a good "jumping off" place for a quick daytrip to Slovenia and possibly Rijeka in Croatia? It would be a shame to be so close and not even enter these countries. I know one day would not do either justice. Are there any convenient places to park on the Italian side and then walk across the border? Is this even possible? Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Walking to Slovenia...
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 8 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Travel by train or bus
- 12 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 13 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 14 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 15 Traveling within Italy
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Florence in October
- 18 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 London at Easter
- 21 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia