I know this will sound pretty lame, but I wanted to know if it is possible to walk across the border into Slovenia or Croatia. We'd love to "pop in" to Slovenia on our way from Venice back to our hotel in Austria. Our route will take us near the border, but our car rental company will not allow us to drive into either of these countries. Can anyone suggest a good "jumping off" place for a quick daytrip to Slovenia and possibly Rijeka in Croatia? It would be a shame to be so close and not even enter these countries. I know one day would not do either justice. Are there any convenient places to park on the Italian side and then walk across the border? Is this even possible? Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Walking to Slovenia...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London day trips, especially castles
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 4 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 7 Zurich, Switzerland
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 9 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 12 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 13 Day trips from Marseille
- 14 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 15 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 16 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 17 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 22 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 23 Day trips
- 24 London tube
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014