I know this will sound pretty lame, but I wanted to know if it is possible to walk across the border into Slovenia or Croatia. We'd love to "pop in" to Slovenia on our way from Venice back to our hotel in Austria. Our route will take us near the border, but our car rental company will not allow us to drive into either of these countries. Can anyone suggest a good "jumping off" place for a quick daytrip to Slovenia and possibly Rijeka in Croatia? It would be a shame to be so close and not even enter these countries. I know one day would not do either justice. Are there any convenient places to park on the Italian side and then walk across the border? Is this even possible? Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Walking to Slovenia...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 2 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 3 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 4 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 7 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 8 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 9 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 10 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 11 London Trip Travel
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 13 I dream of Europe
- 14 Weekend in Norfolk
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 St Germain
- 17 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 18 Cotswold Churches
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 21 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 22 Norway 2014
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?