We have a 9-hour layover at Heathrow (Dublin-London-Toronto) and would like to use the time by taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and walking from there. Realistically, we should have 4-5 hours of walking time, and as neither of us have been in London for at least twenty years, we've forgotten the distances involved. Could we walk, for instance, from Paddington along Oxford Street or through Hyde Park and then down to Buckingham Palace, and perhaps further, down to Westminster Abbey, all in time to catch a tube(s) back to Paddington and then to LHR a couple of hours before departure? Anybody have other ideas for walks (not structured walking tours), given our time constraints and arrival location in London? Any ideas very much appreciated indeed.
Walking in London from Paddington Station
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 2 SIM card for eastern europe
- 3 Bergen + NIN + Hardangerfjord + what? Four days in June
- 4 Camper Rental in Iceland
- 5 Camper Rental in Iceland
- 6 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 10 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 13 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 14 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 15 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 16 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 17 Shoes for Paris in April
- 18 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 19 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 20 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 21 Otherchelebi Can you Help Me?
- 22 21 Days in Central Europe
- 23 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 24 London visit
- 25 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train