We have a 9-hour layover at Heathrow (Dublin-London-Toronto) and would like to use the time by taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and walking from there. Realistically, we should have 4-5 hours of walking time, and as neither of us have been in London for at least twenty years, we've forgotten the distances involved. Could we walk, for instance, from Paddington along Oxford Street or through Hyde Park and then down to Buckingham Palace, and perhaps further, down to Westminster Abbey, all in time to catch a tube(s) back to Paddington and then to LHR a couple of hours before departure? Anybody have other ideas for walks (not structured walking tours), given our time constraints and arrival location in London? Any ideas very much appreciated indeed.
Walking in London from Paddington Station
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 3 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 4 Street food in Turkey
- 5 Spain Questions
- 6 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 7 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 8 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 9 Mont St Michel
- 10 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 11 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 12 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 13 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Dublin Hostels
- 16 Avignon to London?
- 17 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 18 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 24 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 25 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice