We have a 9-hour layover at Heathrow (Dublin-London-Toronto) and would like to use the time by taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and walking from there. Realistically, we should have 4-5 hours of walking time, and as neither of us have been in London for at least twenty years, we've forgotten the distances involved. Could we walk, for instance, from Paddington along Oxford Street or through Hyde Park and then down to Buckingham Palace, and perhaps further, down to Westminster Abbey, all in time to catch a tube(s) back to Paddington and then to LHR a couple of hours before departure? Anybody have other ideas for walks (not structured walking tours), given our time constraints and arrival location in London? Any ideas very much appreciated indeed.
Walking in London from Paddington Station
View all Europe activity »
- 1 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 11 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 12 7 days in Andalucia
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 18 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 19 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 20 rent car / Munich
- 21 Apartments in Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla