We have a 9-hour layover at Heathrow (Dublin-London-Toronto) and would like to use the time by taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington and walking from there. Realistically, we should have 4-5 hours of walking time, and as neither of us have been in London for at least twenty years, we've forgotten the distances involved. Could we walk, for instance, from Paddington along Oxford Street or through Hyde Park and then down to Buckingham Palace, and perhaps further, down to Westminster Abbey, all in time to catch a tube(s) back to Paddington and then to LHR a couple of hours before departure? Anybody have other ideas for walks (not structured walking tours), given our time constraints and arrival location in London? Any ideas very much appreciated indeed.
Walking in London from Paddington Station
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 2 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 3 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 4 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 5 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 6 Split to Venice. Help!
- 7 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 8 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 9 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 10 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 11 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 12 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 13 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 14 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 15 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 16 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 17 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 18 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 19 Monet's Giverny
- 20 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 21 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 22 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 23 Transportation in Paris
- 24 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 25 Urgent Need of Advice