My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 italy Cinque Terre
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 San Sebastián
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 8 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 11 Can parking
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 14 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 18 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 19 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 23 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 24 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice