My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chur or St Moritz?
- 2 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 Safety in Rome
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 9 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 11 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Uber vs. TfL
- 16 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 17 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 18 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 19 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Apartment Montreux area
- 21 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 22 Crete Holiday
- 23 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 Greek Village