My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Walk me through arrival at Venice Marco Polo airport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to London?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 11 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 12 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 13 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 14 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 15 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 16 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 17 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 18 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 19 Mycenae Documentary
- 20 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 23 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 24 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 25 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague