My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 2 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 4 Tattoos in Italy
- 5 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 6 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 9 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 14 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 15 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 16 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 17 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 18 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 19 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 20 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 21 Night Bus?
- 22 Spain in November
- 23 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 24 Shall we Gdansk?
- 25 What Car Rental Agency in Italy?