My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 2 First time in Italy
- 3 Car insurance in Europe...
- 4 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 5 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 6 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 7 italy itinerary request
- 8 6 Aussies escape to France - Paris, Provence & Dordogne
- 9 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 10 Pompeii luggage storage
- 11 What about Basque Country?
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 14 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 15 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 16 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 17 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 18 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 19 Sardinia for young travellers
- 20 currency
- 21 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 22 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 23 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 24 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 25 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks