My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Walk me through arrival at Venice Marco Polo airport
- 1 Place to propose
- 2 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 3 Spain - Andalucia
- 4 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 5 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 6 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 9 Prague - must see
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Three for the road
- 12 Car in Prague
- 13 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 14 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Public transport from Ostuni
- 18 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 19 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 20 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 21 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 22 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 25 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town