My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 2 Athens tour guide advice
- 3 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 4 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 5 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 6 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 7 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 8 London 6 day itinerary
- 9 Threat Level in UK
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 15 Bernese Oberland
- 16 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 17 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 18 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 19 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 20 Trip to Switzerland
- 21 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 24 IWM
- 25 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)