My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Walk me through arrival at Venice Marco Polo airport
- 1 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 2 Which tour company would be best?
- 3 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 6 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 7 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 8 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 9 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 10 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 11 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 12 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 13 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 14 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 15 How Long For Santorini?
- 16 Best area for wine and which one?
- 17 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 18 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 19 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 20 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 21 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 22 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 23 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 24 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 25 Germany with 6 month old.