My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 2 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 3 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 4 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 3 days in Amsterdam, arriving on King's Day - Need advice
- 7 2 Days in Bologna
- 8 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 9 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 10 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 11 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 12 Ireland with teen daughter
- 13 One day Ephesus tour Company
- 14 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 15 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 16 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 17 toarmina or cefalu
- 18 Danube Germany or Hungary
- 19 London Pass or No?
- 20 Freiburg to Zell am See
- 21 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 22 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 23 Greek language app for Microsoft phone?
- 24 Family vacay in Europe
- 25 Where can I buy Euro night train tickets with e tickets?