I'm heading to Paris on May 24, arriving on the 25th. I'll be there until the 29th, when I join a tour of Normandy and the coastal areas. Normally, I meticulously plan all my trips. But this time around, a promotion at work put a halt to that. I had to turn the travel/lodging logistics over to a travel agent. After I arrive and check in to my hotel, I want to hit the ground running (I can sleep when I'm dead!). I was in Paris for 3 whirlwind days in '98 and don't think I slept a wink while I was there. I managed to visit Versailles, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. This time around I want to visit the Louvre (I'm concerned about sensory overload), the Catacombs, go back to Versailles to see the gardens and take both a day and night cruise along the Seine (several members have mentioned Vendettes du Pont Neuf for that). I'm also interested in a wine tasting. I found a site for a company called Viator. Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad with them? They have a bike tour of Versailles that looks interesting, along with a wine tasting. In addition, I would love to go on a bike tour of the city. I know I'm asking a lot on short notice, but you guys have never steered me wrong in the past. By the way, I'm travelling by myself, so I'm flexible. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn Mouffetard in the Latin Quarter (both good and bad reviews on TripAdvisor...ack!). Many thanks in advance!
Walikng/Bike Tours in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 4 France,Spain,Italy
- 5 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 6 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 7 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 8 Which european city?
- 9 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 10 Portugal Trip
- 11 Scotland November 2015
- 12 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 13 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 16 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 19 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 20 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 21 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 22 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 23 Schengen Visa Rules
- 24 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?