I'm heading to Paris on May 24, arriving on the 25th. I'll be there until the 29th, when I join a tour of Normandy and the coastal areas. Normally, I meticulously plan all my trips. But this time around, a promotion at work put a halt to that. I had to turn the travel/lodging logistics over to a travel agent. After I arrive and check in to my hotel, I want to hit the ground running (I can sleep when I'm dead!). I was in Paris for 3 whirlwind days in '98 and don't think I slept a wink while I was there. I managed to visit Versailles, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. This time around I want to visit the Louvre (I'm concerned about sensory overload), the Catacombs, go back to Versailles to see the gardens and take both a day and night cruise along the Seine (several members have mentioned Vendettes du Pont Neuf for that). I'm also interested in a wine tasting. I found a site for a company called Viator. Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad with them? They have a bike tour of Versailles that looks interesting, along with a wine tasting. In addition, I would love to go on a bike tour of the city. I know I'm asking a lot on short notice, but you guys have never steered me wrong in the past. By the way, I'm travelling by myself, so I'm flexible. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn Mouffetard in the Latin Quarter (both good and bad reviews on TripAdvisor...ack!). Many thanks in advance!
Walikng/Bike Tours in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions About Croatia
- 2 Croatia and Venice "good value" restaurants; getting to/from Plitvice lakes
- 3 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Scottish Passport
- 7 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 8 Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
- 9 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 12 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 13 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 14 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 15 See You In Minsk
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Florence Hotel Advice
- 18 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 19 Italy tours
- 20 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 21 Air France strike
- 22 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 23 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 24 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 25 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP