I'm heading to Paris on May 24, arriving on the 25th. I'll be there until the 29th, when I join a tour of Normandy and the coastal areas. Normally, I meticulously plan all my trips. But this time around, a promotion at work put a halt to that. I had to turn the travel/lodging logistics over to a travel agent. After I arrive and check in to my hotel, I want to hit the ground running (I can sleep when I'm dead!). I was in Paris for 3 whirlwind days in '98 and don't think I slept a wink while I was there. I managed to visit Versailles, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. This time around I want to visit the Louvre (I'm concerned about sensory overload), the Catacombs, go back to Versailles to see the gardens and take both a day and night cruise along the Seine (several members have mentioned Vendettes du Pont Neuf for that). I'm also interested in a wine tasting. I found a site for a company called Viator. Has anyone had any dealings, good or bad with them? They have a bike tour of Versailles that looks interesting, along with a wine tasting. In addition, I would love to go on a bike tour of the city. I know I'm asking a lot on short notice, but you guys have never steered me wrong in the past. By the way, I'm travelling by myself, so I'm flexible. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn Mouffetard in the Latin Quarter (both good and bad reviews on TripAdvisor...ack!). Many thanks in advance!
Walikng/Bike Tours in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 France, Italy and Greec
- 5 gites de france or agritourism
- 6 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 7 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 12 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Nice or Marseille??
- 16 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 17 Dresden or Leipzig
- 18 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 19 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 20 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 25 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report