My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Wales. This will happen next Spring so we have some time to plan. Will probably fly into Manchester and rent a car. We have been to Britain before: 2 trips to Scotland and one to York/Yorkshire.
We would like to focus on the country's natural beauty and castles.We would also like to visit Warwick Castle and Bleinheim Palace. Should we travel seeing the English highlights first (the two palaces) or go through Wales first and visit them last. Any lovely drives/locales that should not be missed? What routes are particularly gorgeous and have incredible visual impact? What recommendations do seasoned British travelers have that would help us have a great trip? Are there English stately homes that are near the palaces that can't be missed?
We are in the initial stages so are very open to idea and suggestions.
Thanks for all of your expert advice in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in December
- 2 advance tickets?
- 3 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 4 Cell Phone Question
- 5 Help required with Itinerary
- 6 UK Visa Help
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 11 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 12 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 13 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 14 Public Transportation in England
- 15 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 16 K-Day
- 17 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 18 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 19 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 20 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 21 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 22 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden