My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Wales. This will happen next Spring so we have some time to plan. Will probably fly into Manchester and rent a car. We have been to Britain before: 2 trips to Scotland and one to York/Yorkshire.
We would like to focus on the country's natural beauty and castles.We would also like to visit Warwick Castle and Bleinheim Palace. Should we travel seeing the English highlights first (the two palaces) or go through Wales first and visit them last. Any lovely drives/locales that should not be missed? What routes are particularly gorgeous and have incredible visual impact? What recommendations do seasoned British travelers have that would help us have a great trip? Are there English stately homes that are near the palaces that can't be missed?
We are in the initial stages so are very open to idea and suggestions.
Thanks for all of your expert advice in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 11 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 12 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 15 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 Best Viking Sites
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 21 Greece
- 22 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 23 Paris advice with kids
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 tickets for Wimbledon