I am travelling to Rome & Florence in May. This will be my first trip to Italy. I am still planning the itinerary for our trip and had a question to help me figure out the time we will spend at each site. I have heard numerous horror stories about the lines to get into the most famous of the tourist sites: i.e. the Colosseum, Uffizi, etc. but have not heard much about some of the other sites. I was hoping someone could tell me the wait times they have experienced in May for any of the following sites and if they know of any ways to minimize the waiting?
Baths of Caracalla
Baths of Diocletian
Basilica of San Clemente
Church of Santa Croce
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Cambrils
- 3 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Amalfi Coast help
- 11 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 18 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 19 Trains in Alps and UK
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary