A statue of Michael Jackson, who was it seemed even more popular in the U K than at home, has been pulled down much like those of Stalin in Russia and Sadam Hussein in Iraq were.
The statue put up on the grounds of the Fulham football team's stadium never was popular with the club's soccer fans, many of whom cheered the move.
The team's owner - the same Egyptian dude that owns Harrods - was a friend of Wacko and put it up to honor him in 2011.
Not sure where the statue is headed by could it be the plinth in Trafalgar Square with a missing statue on it - given Brits absolute love affair with Little Michael Jackson, who was to stage weeks of shows in London's O2 just before his death. Now that would be a real Thriller!
The V&A with an eclectic grouping of statues may well be a good end for Wacko's statue?
Where do you think the statue should be put, besides in the recycling bin!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 2 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 3 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 4 Azores - splitting dining bill
- 5 Travel from Portugal to Morocco
- 6 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 7 Best International Sim Card
- 8 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 9 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 10 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 11 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 12 Where to stop along the way
- 13 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 14 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 15 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 16 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 17 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 18 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 19 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 20 Puglia Experiences
- 21 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 22 2 nights in Dublin - B&B ideas
- 23 Short (a couple of hours) scenic walks in the north of Wales?
- 24 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 25 car rent in Italy - cost, excess, deposit