A statue of Michael Jackson, who was it seemed even more popular in the U K than at home, has been pulled down much like those of Stalin in Russia and Sadam Hussein in Iraq were.
The statue put up on the grounds of the Fulham football team's stadium never was popular with the club's soccer fans, many of whom cheered the move.
The team's owner - the same Egyptian dude that owns Harrods - was a friend of Wacko and put it up to honor him in 2011.
Not sure where the statue is headed by could it be the plinth in Trafalgar Square with a missing statue on it - given Brits absolute love affair with Little Michael Jackson, who was to stage weeks of shows in London's O2 just before his death. Now that would be a real Thriller!
The V&A with an eclectic grouping of statues may well be a good end for Wacko's statue?
Where do you think the statue should be put, besides in the recycling bin!
Wacko Statue Pulled Down in London!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 2 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 3 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 4 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 5 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 7 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 8 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 9 Emilia Romagna Region
- 10 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Scottland for a day!
- 13 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 14 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 15 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 16 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 17 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 18 Provence planning
- 19 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 20 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 23 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 24 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 25 Voltage in UK and France