I've enjoyed reading the posts here for the past several months. Thank you for all of your wonderful advice and suggestions.
My husband and I will be going to Italy for the first time in May 2016 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We are bringing our 3 young adult children for probably our last big family vacation since they're getting older and they're busy with college, jobs, and significant others.
The first part of our vacation will be spent in Rome. The second half we are staying at the Hotel Antiche Mura in Sorrento while we explore the Amalfi Coast and Capri. I would like to surprise my husband with a vow renewal ceremony but I would like to keep it simple. The Villa Antiche Mura hosts weddings and quoted me 1990 euros for 2 hours. While the location is beautiful I don't think we'll need all that they have to offer for our small party of 5 and I would like to keep the cost down since this trip is already costing a small fortune.
I was hoping someone might have another suggestion. Mainly I'm interested in a pretty locale, someone to give the blessing (non-legal), and a photographer to take some nice family photos. I would consider any location along the coast - preferably by the water but it doesn't have to be. Has anyone ever hired a photographer from that area before? I'm thinking the whole thing from start to finish would take about an hour.
Thank you for any advice or suggestions you can offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What tips can you give about packing?
- 2 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 3 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 4 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 5 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 6 How the kids age calculated
- 7 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 10 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 11 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Firt time VISA applicant
- 14 Uffizi Phone Number
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 Aix Provence
- 18 Sintra
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 23 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 24 Murren to Prague
- 25 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal