I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 2 Spain in late November/early December
- 3 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 4 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 5 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 6 Staying in the Highlands
- 7 Ireland Cell Phones
- 8 Athens-Delphi-Nafplio driving itinerary help
- 9 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 10 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 11 Travel by train in Poland?
- 12 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 13 Trains
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 scotland trave;
- 16 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 17 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 18 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 19 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 20 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 21 Berlin - one day off
- 22 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 23 Norway in June with parents.
- 24 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 25 How to experience the Champagne region during a 12 days trip to París.