I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 3 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 4 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 Too many Trip Reports
- 7 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 8 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 9 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Hotels that we found special
- 12 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 13 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 14 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 15 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 16 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 17 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 18 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 23 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 24 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 25 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later