I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 2 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 3 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 4 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 5 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 6 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 7 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 8 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 9 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 10 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 11 FAQs
- 12 Naples to Pompeii
- 13 Amsterdam and ?????
- 14 St Petersberg/Moscow/Prague
- 15 apartments florence
- 16 Ireland ToDo
- 17 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 18 Amsterdam vs. France
- 19 To europe this Aug
- 20 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 21 I'm back.....
- 22 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 23 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 24 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 25 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?