I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 4 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 5 Cordoba Overnight?
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 12 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 13 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 16 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 17 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 20 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 24 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 25 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July