I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 2 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 3 Our first trip to Europe
- 4 Booking Engines You trust?
- 5 German Wings
- 6 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 9 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 10 Using Obb website
- 11 Sea side in Italy
- 12 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 13 Milan underground
- 14 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 15 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 16 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!
- 17 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 18 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 19 Budapest Favorites
- 20 Northern Italy Agriturismo, Activities, Cooking School
- 21 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 22 Rome Colosseum and Forum
- 23 Mediterranean/Provence, February - March 2016
- 24 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 25 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )