I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shoppingin Spain
- 2 Itenerary Opinion
- 3 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 4 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 5 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 6 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 7 London-Paris solo trip
- 8 Where to stay around Munich
- 9 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 10 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 11 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 12 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 13 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 14 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 15 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)
- 16 Northern Spain
- 17 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 18 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 19 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 20 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 21 French Prem Train Fares
- 22 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 23 Dublin to Dingle?
- 24 To Hampton Court Palace
- 25 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!