I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 2 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 3 Terrorism in Europe
- 4 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 5 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 6 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 7 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 8 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 9 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 10 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 11 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 12 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 13 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 14 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 15 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 16 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 17 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 18 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 19 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 20 Night Train - Need help
- 21 White Villages base?
- 22 Traveling to France
- 23 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 24 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 25 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights