I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Question re Scotland
- 2 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 6 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 7 Valencia, Spain
- 8 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 9 Visit to Engand
- 10 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 11 Place to stay
- 12 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 13 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 14 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 15 Driver"s License & Language
- 16 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 18 credit and debit cards
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 May get together in Paris
- 21 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 22 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 23 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 24 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 25 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland