I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We have no idea where to go!
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 6 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 7 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 8 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 9 VAT Refund at Milan Malpensa T1
- 10 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 11 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 12 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 13 Can you recommend great Gastro Pub in ondon
- 14 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 15 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 16 Scotland Votes "No"
- 17 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 18 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 19 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 20 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 23 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 24 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 25 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?