I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 2 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 3 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 4 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 5 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 6 7 Nights in Paris
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 9 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 10 Why don't the French want to work?
- 11 Driving from Italy to France
- 12 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 13 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 14 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 15 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 16 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 17 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 18 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 19 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 20 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 21 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 22 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 23 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 24 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 25 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice