I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 Villa in Italy
- 4 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 5 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 7 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 8 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 9 Places to stop/stay?
- 10 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 11 One night in the Dolomites
- 12 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 13 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 14 Route Information
- 15 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 16 Lisbon
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 21 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 TSA Precheck
- 24 Where in Greece
- 25 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?