I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 2 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 3 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 4 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 5 Madrid and London
- 6 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 7 What to wear
- 8 italy
- 9 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 10 Side trip from Geneva
- 11 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 12 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 13 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 14 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 15 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 16 7 Nights in Paris
- 17 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 18 21 Days in Central Europe
- 19 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 20 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 21 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 22 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 25 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?