I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 3 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 4 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 5 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 6 12 nights in Greek islands
- 7 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 8 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 9 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 10 Classical Music in Milan
- 11 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 13 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 14 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 15 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 16 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 17 Pousadas in Portugal
- 18 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 19 Antiques shopping Rome
- 20 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 21 Scotland Trip Planning
- 22 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 23 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 24 Paris food tours?
- 25 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location