I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swimsuit for France, Switzerland, Austria?
- 2 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 3 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 4 England/Scotland in January?
- 5 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 6 Ice for a cooler
- 7 Auto Europe or Hertz?
- 8 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 9 Are my 2013 Paris metro/bus tickets still good?
- 10 tuscany/florence tour
- 11 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 12 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 13 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 14 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 15 What time for early flight to Heathrow
- 16 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada
- 17 9-10 days in portugal - may 2016
- 18 Europe in 30 days: itinerary suggestions, anyone?! Please and thank you!
- 19 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 20 Seine river cruise help
- 21 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 22 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 23 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 24 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 25 Does the Paris Museum Pass cover the Picasso Museum?