I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting a SIM card and cell phone in Turkey
- 2 Istanbul airport transportation
- 3 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 4 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 5 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 6 England and Scotland
- 7 Sending money from the UK to the US
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 10 Gite and/or agritourism
- 11 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 12 Athens/Istanbul March
- 13 English ruined castles
- 14 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 17 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 20 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 21 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 22 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 23 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin