I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping in the UK
- 2 floods in Andalucia
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 5 4 days in lake region
- 6 Favorite things to do in London
- 7 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 8 Interested In Coach Passes
- 9 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 10 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 11 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 12 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 13 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 14 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 15 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 16 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 17 Altdorf/Schattdorf restaurant
- 18 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 19 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 20 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 21 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 22 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 23 7 countries in a month
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 25 hotels I recommend from my recent trip to Paris and Normandy