I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland & Scotland
- 2 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 3 London's Must Sights!
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 First trip to Italy
- 6 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 7 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 8 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 9 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 10 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 11 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 14 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 15 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 16 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 17 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 18 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 19 4 days in switzerland
- 20 Vienna or Budapest?
- 21 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 22 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 23 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 24 14 nights in Europe
- 25 French immersion courses in France