I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 2 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 3 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 4 Amsterdam to Zurich
- 5 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 6 Norwegian air
- 7 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 8 toulouse - how is driving and parking
- 9 What clothes?
- 10 Early flight from Nice
- 11 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 12 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
- 13 Sarlat-la-Canéda to Toulouse, please, critique driving schedule
- 14 London dining service charge
- 15 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 16 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 17 Toulouse Hotels - Grand Hotel de l'Opera versus Le Grand Balcon
- 18 London Paris
- 19 Shopping in Paris
- 20 Lost speeding fine notice
- 21 ATM card didn't work in Italy!
- 22 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 23 Luggage on trains/security?
- 24 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 25 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux