I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 2 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 3 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 4 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 5 Europe itinerary advice
- 6 Bayeux tapestry
- 7 Bus ride to Positano
- 8 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 9 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 10 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 11 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 12 Camino No-No
- 13 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 14 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 15 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 16 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 17 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 18 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 19 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 20 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 21 Is Capri overrated?
- 22 A week in Paris
- 23 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 24 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 25 Train des Pignes