I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 4 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 5 Seville in late January
- 6 Norfolk base
- 7 Berlin restaurant recs
- 8 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 9 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 10 RFID Protection
- 11 3 days to spend in europe
- 12 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 13 Drinks in Spain
- 14 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 15 12 days europe
- 16 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 17 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 18 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 19 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 20 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 21 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 22 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 25 13 days in Paris, plans and budget