I'm a Dutch girl, 23 years old. I'm planning to travel to Eastern Europe to do volunteerwork. I'm going with EVS, a project of the European Commision that gives subvention (is that the right word?) for volunteers. As a send-organisation I've chosen UcDean, a Dutch organisation that specializes in Eastern Europe. Because that is quite a big area and there are a lot of projects I can choose, I've decided to pick a country first before I choose a project to work at. I know that I work with mentally handicapped people, this is what I do for a living and it makes me very happy.
The thing is that it's hard to find the information I'm looking for about the countries that I could go. I can find information about the economy, the tourism, the history and monetary unit, but that's not what I'm looking for. I would like to know how the safety is in such countries, can I go alone outside after dark for instance. How are the people, friendly, distant, cold? How are women's rights (do they have the same rights and all as men? And how is the health care/care for the handicapped? What is the culture like?
I find it hard to find words for the things I'm looking for, I hope you get what I mean. I can choose the following countries: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic,
Ik vind het moeilijk om vragen te stellen omdat ik op zoek ben naar algemene informatie, maar wel specifiek over een land en hoe anderen het beleefd hebben.
Ik hoop dat iemand me kan helpen! Het gaat om de volgende landen:
Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Volunteering Eastern Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 2 Paris first then where?
- 3 Stay away from EF Tours
- 4 Dordogne in October
- 5 BMW European Delivery program
- 6 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 7 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 8 Does this sound feasible?
- 9 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 10 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 11 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 12 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 13 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 14 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 15 Can Kindle books be read on an iPad?
- 16 One night over night parking Paris 75018
- 17 Eating in University cafeterias
- 18 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 19 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 20 I went to Paris in June
- 21 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 22 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 23 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 24 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 25 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe