We, myself, my DH, son and his fiance, are in Lauterbrunnen at the moment and I have a question regarding visitors to this area. I am hesitant to post because I do not want anyone to think I am racist, because I am far from it, but I am curious.
Last time we visited the Berner Oberland, in August 2009, there was a mix of different nationalities visiting the area. This time there is an abundance of Indian families visiting the area. My husband, son and I estimate that there are approximately 50 Indian visitors for every one non-Indian visitor. And that is not an exaggeration. I feel as though I am visiting India at the moment. At the Jungfrau yesterday there is even a brand new Bollywood restaurant.
It's just a curious observation and all of us wondered if anyone has an idea as to why this area has so many Indian visitors right now: is it vacation time in India right now? Is the exchange rate phenomenal? But why this area in particular? We were in Rome and Venice last week and just saw a lot of different nationalities everywhere we went.
By, the way, the wildflowers are gorgeous right now and the waterfalls are unbelievable...just beautiful. Off to Austria tomorrow.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 2 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 4 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 5 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 Scotland and London 21 days
- 8 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 10 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 11 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 12 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 13 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Venice
- 16 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 17 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 18 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 19 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 22 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 23 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017