We, myself, my DH, son and his fiance, are in Lauterbrunnen at the moment and I have a question regarding visitors to this area. I am hesitant to post because I do not want anyone to think I am racist, because I am far from it, but I am curious.
Last time we visited the Berner Oberland, in August 2009, there was a mix of different nationalities visiting the area. This time there is an abundance of Indian families visiting the area. My husband, son and I estimate that there are approximately 50 Indian visitors for every one non-Indian visitor. And that is not an exaggeration. I feel as though I am visiting India at the moment. At the Jungfrau yesterday there is even a brand new Bollywood restaurant.
It's just a curious observation and all of us wondered if anyone has an idea as to why this area has so many Indian visitors right now: is it vacation time in India right now? Is the exchange rate phenomenal? But why this area in particular? We were in Rome and Venice last week and just saw a lot of different nationalities everywhere we went.
By, the way, the wildflowers are gorgeous right now and the waterfalls are unbelievable...just beautiful. Off to Austria tomorrow.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 6 Dublin Luggage storage
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 Any reviews on Fires de Sant Narcis, Girona?
- 9 Airline to Rome
- 10 First Solo Adventure
- 11 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 12 Towns around Lucca
- 13 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 14 Spain: train/rental car help
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 17 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 18 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 19 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 20 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 21 Duoro Valley - Train from Regua to Pocinho
- 22 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 23 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 24 Georgia in 4 days
- 25 Trains in Italy