I would be travelling to Switzerland in 2nd week of May 2014, for 5 days. This is my first trip to Switzerland and we would be arriving in Zurich. My main target is to see lush green fields, valleys and Mountain views (Don't want to stay in a City). Can someone please guide me on what could be the best places where I should stay like mountain resorts etc.
The only thing which worries me is that the month of May is early spring (I presume) just after the winter season, would I be able to see green vallies, or everything will be dull and no leaves on the trees at this point in time?. As we would be travelling from Holland after seeing the Keukenhof Gardens season 2014, therefore I am quite rigid with my dates .
All the suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train up the Jungfrau
- 2 Charming areas to explore in London
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 7 Visit to Engand
- 8 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 9 Place to stay
- 10 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 13 Another Question re Scotland
- 14 Driver"s License & Language
- 15 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 21 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 22 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 23 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 24 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 25 Help with Transportation Options in London