I would be travelling to Switzerland in 2nd week of May 2014, for 5 days. This is my first trip to Switzerland and we would be arriving in Zurich. My main target is to see lush green fields, valleys and Mountain views (Don't want to stay in a City). Can someone please guide me on what could be the best places where I should stay like mountain resorts etc.
The only thing which worries me is that the month of May is early spring (I presume) just after the winter season, would I be able to see green vallies, or everything will be dull and no leaves on the trees at this point in time?. As we would be travelling from Holland after seeing the Keukenhof Gardens season 2014, therefore I am quite rigid with my dates .
All the suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in August
- 2 Iceland in January/February
- 3 Valencia Spain
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 6 Driving in Italy
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 9 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 10 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 11 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 12 Rome Water Shortage
- 13 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 14 Getting around London
- 15 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 16 The DCC scam is spreading
- 17 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 18 Train travel to and from Paris
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Christmas in Spain
- 23 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 24 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 25 Vigo Spain????