I would be travelling to Switzerland in 2nd week of May 2014, for 5 days. This is my first trip to Switzerland and we would be arriving in Zurich. My main target is to see lush green fields, valleys and Mountain views (Don't want to stay in a City). Can someone please guide me on what could be the best places where I should stay like mountain resorts etc.
The only thing which worries me is that the month of May is early spring (I presume) just after the winter season, would I be able to see green vallies, or everything will be dull and no leaves on the trees at this point in time?. As we would be travelling from Holland after seeing the Keukenhof Gardens season 2014, therefore I am quite rigid with my dates .
All the suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 2 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 3 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 7 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 8 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 11 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 12 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 13 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 19 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 20 3 day trip to iceland
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 23 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh