I would be travelling to Switzerland in 2nd week of May 2014, for 5 days. This is my first trip to Switzerland and we would be arriving in Zurich. My main target is to see lush green fields, valleys and Mountain views (Don't want to stay in a City). Can someone please guide me on what could be the best places where I should stay like mountain resorts etc.
The only thing which worries me is that the month of May is early spring (I presume) just after the winter season, would I be able to see green vallies, or everything will be dull and no leaves on the trees at this point in time?. As we would be travelling from Holland after seeing the Keukenhof Gardens season 2014, therefore I am quite rigid with my dates .
All the suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 2 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 3 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 4 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 5 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 6 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 7 Trans-Siberia Train
- 8 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 9 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 10 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 11 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 12 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 13 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 14 A week driving in Bavaria
- 15 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 16 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 17 PLITVICE LAKES
- 18 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 19 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 20 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 21 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 22 written guide for Olympia
- 23 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 24 Naxos hotel question
- 25 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?