I would be travelling to Switzerland in 2nd week of May 2014, for 5 days. This is my first trip to Switzerland and we would be arriving in Zurich. My main target is to see lush green fields, valleys and Mountain views (Don't want to stay in a City). Can someone please guide me on what could be the best places where I should stay like mountain resorts etc.
The only thing which worries me is that the month of May is early spring (I presume) just after the winter season, would I be able to see green vallies, or everything will be dull and no leaves on the trees at this point in time?. As we would be travelling from Holland after seeing the Keukenhof Gardens season 2014, therefore I am quite rigid with my dates .
All the suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 2 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 3 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 4 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 5 Planning a European Trip
- 6 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 7 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 10 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 13 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 14 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 15 restaurants in Marais district
- 16 Norway Itinerary
- 17 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 21 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 22 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 23 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 24 train or plane
- 25 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?