My husband and I will be visiting Scotland the first week of April, and we're trying to figure out the best itinerary for our trip. We're interested in castles, ruins, whisky, lochs, charming villages, and coastlines, and from everything we've read so far Northeast Scotland and the Highlands look most appealing. However, I'm concerned that for the time of year we'll be visiting, we'll be better off visiting Southern Scotland. Does anyone know if there is a distinct difference in the hours of sunlight and weather between northern and southern Scotland for early April? If there's a notable difference, we'll re-route our itinerary accordingly. Otherwise, we'll focus on the north. Thanks!
Visiting Scotland in Early April (Highlands Versus South)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 2 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 3 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 4 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 5 Shoes for Paris in April
- 6 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 7 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 8 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 9 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Otherchelebi Can you Help Me?
- 12 21 Days in Central Europe
- 13 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 14 London visit
- 15 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 16 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 17 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 18 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 19 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 20 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 21 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 24 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 25 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?