My husband and I will be visiting Scotland the first week of April, and we're trying to figure out the best itinerary for our trip. We're interested in castles, ruins, whisky, lochs, charming villages, and coastlines, and from everything we've read so far Northeast Scotland and the Highlands look most appealing. However, I'm concerned that for the time of year we'll be visiting, we'll be better off visiting Southern Scotland. Does anyone know if there is a distinct difference in the hours of sunlight and weather between northern and southern Scotland for early April? If there's a notable difference, we'll re-route our itinerary accordingly. Otherwise, we'll focus on the north. Thanks!
Visiting Scotland in Early April (Highlands Versus South)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 2 April in Madrid
- 3 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 4 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 5 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 6 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 7 Paris to Bordeaux TGV
- 8 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 9 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 10 Amsterday > Bruges
- 11 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 12 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 13 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 14 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 15 Great restaurants in Italy
- 16 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 17 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 18 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 19 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 20 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 21 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 22 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 23 CDG questions
- 24 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 25 Amalfi coast in May