My husband and I will be visiting Scotland the first week of April, and we're trying to figure out the best itinerary for our trip. We're interested in castles, ruins, whisky, lochs, charming villages, and coastlines, and from everything we've read so far Northeast Scotland and the Highlands look most appealing. However, I'm concerned that for the time of year we'll be visiting, we'll be better off visiting Southern Scotland. Does anyone know if there is a distinct difference in the hours of sunlight and weather between northern and southern Scotland for early April? If there's a notable difference, we'll re-route our itinerary accordingly. Otherwise, we'll focus on the north. Thanks!
Visiting Scotland in Early April (Highlands Versus South)
View all Europe activity »
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 3 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 4 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 5 Lake como
- 6 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 7 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 A full week in The Netherlands
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 15 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 16 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 17 Train travel in Europe
- 18 Prague Main Train Station
- 19 Place to propose
- 20 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 25 Moldova and Transnistiria