Now that my itinerary for Sept-Oct, 2012 is almost complete, I am starting my plans for 2013.
I'm thinking of flying ATL--> LHR--> Aberdeen and driving to Inverness to begin the trip.
(There is a flight ATL--> LGW--> Inverness but it has too many changes)
From Inverness, we drive South to the Cotswalds and then to Portsmouth, where we drop the car and take the overnight ferry to Caen.
We will have about 2 weeks in which to do this.
Pick up a car in Caen and spend about 4 nights in Normandy and 5 nights in Brittany before heading to Paris for about 4 nights and then flying home.
Best time to start: Late August, Early Sept, Late Sept?
Should we stay awhile in Aberdeen?
What can we expect from the Brittany Ferries service?
Am I leaving the right amount of time for Normandy and Brittany?
All (well, nearly all) comments and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon Installation CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 3 Iceland france spain
- 4 Ex-pats with young kids
- 5 Maximizing Norway time
- 6 Greece
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 southeast sicily town as home base
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 13 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 14 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 17 Top Tapas Tascas
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Ludwig Castles
- 23 Best Viking Sites
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question