Now that my itinerary for Sept-Oct, 2012 is almost complete, I am starting my plans for 2013.
I'm thinking of flying ATL--> LHR--> Aberdeen and driving to Inverness to begin the trip.
(There is a flight ATL--> LGW--> Inverness but it has too many changes)
From Inverness, we drive South to the Cotswalds and then to Portsmouth, where we drop the car and take the overnight ferry to Caen.
We will have about 2 weeks in which to do this.
Pick up a car in Caen and spend about 4 nights in Normandy and 5 nights in Brittany before heading to Paris for about 4 nights and then flying home.
Best time to start: Late August, Early Sept, Late Sept?
Should we stay awhile in Aberdeen?
What can we expect from the Brittany Ferries service?
Am I leaving the right amount of time for Normandy and Brittany?
All (well, nearly all) comments and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 2 Windsor Castle
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 9 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 10 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 14 4 nights in Sardinia
- 15 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 16 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 "Too Much Cows"
- 19 Matera tour guide wanted
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 22 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 23 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 24 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 25 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...