Now that my itinerary for Sept-Oct, 2012 is almost complete, I am starting my plans for 2013.
I'm thinking of flying ATL--> LHR--> Aberdeen and driving to Inverness to begin the trip.
(There is a flight ATL--> LGW--> Inverness but it has too many changes)
From Inverness, we drive South to the Cotswalds and then to Portsmouth, where we drop the car and take the overnight ferry to Caen.
We will have about 2 weeks in which to do this.
Pick up a car in Caen and spend about 4 nights in Normandy and 5 nights in Brittany before heading to Paris for about 4 nights and then flying home.
Best time to start: Late August, Early Sept, Late Sept?
Should we stay awhile in Aberdeen?
What can we expect from the Brittany Ferries service?
Am I leaving the right amount of time for Normandy and Brittany?
All (well, nearly all) comments and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Spain
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Iceland early december visit
- 4 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 10 Milan or Turin
- 11 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Road trip with our dog
- 24 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna