Now that my itinerary for Sept-Oct, 2012 is almost complete, I am starting my plans for 2013.
I'm thinking of flying ATL--> LHR--> Aberdeen and driving to Inverness to begin the trip.
(There is a flight ATL--> LGW--> Inverness but it has too many changes)
From Inverness, we drive South to the Cotswalds and then to Portsmouth, where we drop the car and take the overnight ferry to Caen.
We will have about 2 weeks in which to do this.
Pick up a car in Caen and spend about 4 nights in Normandy and 5 nights in Brittany before heading to Paris for about 4 nights and then flying home.
Best time to start: Late August, Early Sept, Late Sept?
Should we stay awhile in Aberdeen?
What can we expect from the Brittany Ferries service?
Am I leaving the right amount of time for Normandy and Brittany?
All (well, nearly all) comments and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Milan private guide
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 7 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 8 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Italian lakes
- 10 Santorini lodging
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 What do after Bernia Express?
- 14 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Self drive tour companies
- 17 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 18 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 19 Ischia
- 20 9 days in London
- 21 Germany family road trip help!
- 22 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Starting my Paris plan for May