Now that my itinerary for Sept-Oct, 2012 is almost complete, I am starting my plans for 2013.
I'm thinking of flying ATL--> LHR--> Aberdeen and driving to Inverness to begin the trip.
(There is a flight ATL--> LGW--> Inverness but it has too many changes)
From Inverness, we drive South to the Cotswalds and then to Portsmouth, where we drop the car and take the overnight ferry to Caen.
We will have about 2 weeks in which to do this.
Pick up a car in Caen and spend about 4 nights in Normandy and 5 nights in Brittany before heading to Paris for about 4 nights and then flying home.
Best time to start: Late August, Early Sept, Late Sept?
Should we stay awhile in Aberdeen?
What can we expect from the Brittany Ferries service?
Am I leaving the right amount of time for Normandy and Brittany?
All (well, nearly all) comments and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 2 International drivers permit
- 3 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 6 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 9 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 10 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 11 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 12 Naples + Walking Tour
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 16 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 19 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 TIM in FCO - update
- 22 London GTG May 19-25
- 23 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 24 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 25 Classical Tour of Albania