Now that my itinerary for Sept-Oct, 2012 is almost complete, I am starting my plans for 2013.
I'm thinking of flying ATL--> LHR--> Aberdeen and driving to Inverness to begin the trip.
(There is a flight ATL--> LGW--> Inverness but it has too many changes)
From Inverness, we drive South to the Cotswalds and then to Portsmouth, where we drop the car and take the overnight ferry to Caen.
We will have about 2 weeks in which to do this.
Pick up a car in Caen and spend about 4 nights in Normandy and 5 nights in Brittany before heading to Paris for about 4 nights and then flying home.
Best time to start: Late August, Early Sept, Late Sept?
Should we stay awhile in Aberdeen?
What can we expect from the Brittany Ferries service?
Am I leaving the right amount of time for Normandy and Brittany?
All (well, nearly all) comments and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 5 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 8 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 9 Norway Itinerary
- 10 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 11 train or plane
- 12 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 15 Germany in December Trip Report
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 18 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 19 Planning a European Trip
- 20 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 21 Italy for Christmas Week
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016