Now that my itinerary for Sept-Oct, 2012 is almost complete, I am starting my plans for 2013.
I'm thinking of flying ATL--> LHR--> Aberdeen and driving to Inverness to begin the trip.
(There is a flight ATL--> LGW--> Inverness but it has too many changes)
From Inverness, we drive South to the Cotswalds and then to Portsmouth, where we drop the car and take the overnight ferry to Caen.
We will have about 2 weeks in which to do this.
Pick up a car in Caen and spend about 4 nights in Normandy and 5 nights in Brittany before heading to Paris for about 4 nights and then flying home.
Best time to start: Late August, Early Sept, Late Sept?
Should we stay awhile in Aberdeen?
What can we expect from the Brittany Ferries service?
Am I leaving the right amount of time for Normandy and Brittany?
All (well, nearly all) comments and suggestions welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass
- 2 5 Days in Switzerland
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 6 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 7 6-7 Days in France
- 8 Korean Messages
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 11 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 14 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 25 Trip Ideas