I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 2 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 3 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 4 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 6 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 7 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 8 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 9 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 10 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 11 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 14 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 15 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 16 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 17 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 18 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 19 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 20 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 23 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 24 Monet in Normandy
- 25 Mephisto Shoes in Paris