I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 2 European Cooking Secrets
- 3 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 4 Travel vs. Babies
- 5 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 6 Europe in late January
- 7 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 8 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 9 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 12 Travel help
- 13 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 14 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 15 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 16 Two more earthquakes strike central Italy
- 17 CDG much improved
- 18 London tour and theatre ideas
- 19 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 20 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 21 England and Wales by public transport
- 22 Italy's central lakes!
- 23 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 24 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 25 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe