I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 4 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Augsburg with kids
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 He said , she said
- 11 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 12 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 15 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 16 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 19 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 20 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 21 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 22 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 23 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 24 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 25 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul