I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 2 Italy/Greece with kids
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 Prague hotels
- 6 Need help in travel planning
- 7 Puglia or La Langhe
- 8 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 9 Munich
- 10 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 11 Northern lights in December
- 12 Booking hotels before trains
- 13 Flights from Croatia
- 14 What to expect over Christmas
- 15 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 16 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 17 Budapest
- 18 First time in France
- 19 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 20 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 21 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 22 Rome
- 23 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 24 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 25 English Countryside