I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 2 Berlin to Barcelona
- 3 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 4 *Help!* Puglia vs Sicily vs Amalfi Coast?
- 5 countries to visit in October and November
- 6 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 7 Rome Hotel: Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona?
- 8 Montpellier to Arles
- 9 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 10 Parma and Matova/Mantua - car rental
- 11 Hotels in St Germain Paris
- 12 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 13 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 14 Paris GTG 9/29-10/5?
- 15 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 16 Group wine tasting in Alsace
- 17 20 days in Greece
- 18 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 19 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 20 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 21 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 22 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 23 Macedonia, Greece
- 24 Online checked in, how early should we be at the airport?
- 25 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required