I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Banning Fodors
- 2 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 3 France, Italy and Greec
- 4 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 5 Rome---August and September
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 8 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 South of France November Trip Report
- 15 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 16 Clearsky Holidays
- 17 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 18 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 Luggage sizing
- 21 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 22 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 25 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United