I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich restaurant recs
- 2 Bordeaux TRIP
- 3 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 4 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 5 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 6 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 7 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 8 20 free days of Europe
- 9 Greece in 15 Days
- 10 Adaptors for Belgium
- 11 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 12 Walking Scotland
- 13 Home base for a month in France?
- 14 Train Ticket Help
- 15 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 16 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 17 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 18 tablet
- 19 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 20 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 21 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 22 Planning Advice!
- 23 Germany and Austria trip report
- 24 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 25 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?