I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 3 Greece after the Vote
- 4 Germany for 3 weeks
- 5 Amalfi coast in May
- 6 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 7 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 8 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 9 Advice required on my Switzerland Itinerary
- 10 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 11 Great restaurants in Italy
- 12 Germany and Switzerland
- 13 What about hiring a coach in London?
- 14 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 15 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 16 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 17 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 18 Mandarijn Restaurant Amsterdam-good Chinese Restaurant Amsterdam
- 19 help regarding removal firm in london
- 20 overnight trip from Reykjavik
- 21 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 22 Iceland Car Rental Suggestions
- 23 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 24 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 25 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)