I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 3 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 4 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 5 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 6 3 weeks in Europe
- 7 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 8 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 9 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 10 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 13 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 15 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 16 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 17 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 18 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 19 Daytrip From istanbul: IZNIK (NICEA)
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 22 Car Rental in Iceland
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)