I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 2 Austrian Alps
- 3 Which church/churches do you recommend seeing
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 6 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 7 48 hours in london with kids and stay at premier inn
- 8 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 9 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 10 Alsace
- 11 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 12 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 13 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 14 Switzerland Itinerary Help!
- 15 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 16 Seafari Boat Tour
- 17 My summer in Paris
- 18 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 19 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 20 November in Greece
- 21 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 22 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 23 Paris food tours?
- 24 Amsterdam and beyond
- 25 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.