I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 2 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 3 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 4 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 5 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 6 Scenic drive from Ghent to Amsterdam
- 7 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 8 Cookware in France
- 9 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 10 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 11 Russian Visa Question
- 12 travel insurance
- 13 St. Petersburg
- 14 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 15 Private transfer from Oslo Cruise Port to the Airport with a half day tour
- 16 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 17 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 18 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 19 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 20 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 21 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 22 Madrid
- 23 Stops on a 1 week car tour from Athens
- 24 Help for Last 3 days in Ireland!! One of these days is Dublin!!
- 25 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A