I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 2 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 3 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 4 Granada to Madrid
- 5 Tour of Northern Italy
- 6 San Sebastian
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 9 Hotel in Vienna
- 10 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Cognac transportation?
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 14 House Hunting in France
- 15 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 16 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 17 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 Barcelona cooking classes
- 22 1st time in ZURICH
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 25 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included