I am booking a trip to Provence on behalf of my parents, and I just had a few questions, mostly to assure me of the planning being OK so far. The trip is planned for June (20-27).
Their plan is to travel down for Paris on the TGV, and stay one night in Avignon. The following day they will pick up a rental before travelling to Aix en Provence, where they will be staying for the next six nights. (They're in fact just outside Aix en Provence, staying here: http://www.lacharlotte-provence.com/ - which received very good reviews). After that they would return to Aix en Provence to TGV back to Paris.
Thus, they are largely staying in one location. I know other people have mentioned perhaps mixing it up by staying in St Remy or other locations, but as they have a car, is it an issue if they stay in the one place? (The accommodation selected receives excellent reviews.)
My second question is - current plan is to higher a mid-size (Mercedes C class); the other alternative is a VW Golf. But I feel given that they'll be doing a fair bit of driving, the C class will be a bit more comfortable. My only question, which I believe has been satisfied somewhat already by other comments, is whether a C Class is too big for the area? Not having been there, I cannot judge, but I assume it would be OK?
Many thanks for your advice, in advance!
(Also, any other tips in terms of must do, should do, locations, restaurants, etc, would be well appreciated )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 2 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 4 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 5 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 6 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 7 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 8 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 13 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 14 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 15 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 16 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 22 "Never Mind"
- 23 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 24 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 25 Paris with a toddler and a baby