Looking for some advice about whether to experience or avoid Nimes this May. We will be spending one night each in Arles and Avignon before picking up a rental car and spending a week in the Luberon. We had originally been excited to find out that the Pentecost festival was taking place in Nimes and were going to devote a day to going and experiencing it, but now I am thinking it might be best to avoid the headaches (long drive from the gite, parking, crowds, closed attractions) and expenses. The Feria is a large celebration of Pentecost spread out over several days and includes running of the bulls, bullfights, music, dancing, Spanish food, street attractions, etc. and attracts a large crowd of mainly French and Spanish visitors I think. Has anyone else been to any of the festivals in Nimes (there is also one every Sept.)? We are having a very hard time finding out much information on the event or any reviews or advice.
Also any advice on how redundant Nimes would be with Arles (and possibly Orange) as far as Roman architecture goes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Borghese Gallery Question
- 3 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 4 Sicily help
- 5 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 6 Italy Vacation
- 7 Stu Tower
- 8 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 9 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 10 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 11 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 12 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Germany or Sweden
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Crete Holiday
- 20 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 21 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 22 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 23 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 24 Spain: train/rental car help
- 25 Amalfi itinerary help needed