Looking for some advice about whether to experience or avoid Nimes this May. We will be spending one night each in Arles and Avignon before picking up a rental car and spending a week in the Luberon. We had originally been excited to find out that the Pentecost festival was taking place in Nimes and were going to devote a day to going and experiencing it, but now I am thinking it might be best to avoid the headaches (long drive from the gite, parking, crowds, closed attractions) and expenses. The Feria is a large celebration of Pentecost spread out over several days and includes running of the bulls, bullfights, music, dancing, Spanish food, street attractions, etc. and attracts a large crowd of mainly French and Spanish visitors I think. Has anyone else been to any of the festivals in Nimes (there is also one every Sept.)? We are having a very hard time finding out much information on the event or any reviews or advice.
Also any advice on how redundant Nimes would be with Arles (and possibly Orange) as far as Roman architecture goes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 8 We're here!
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 11 Moving to Italy
- 12 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 13 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 17 Spain in July
- 18 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 21 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 22 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 25 Petrol in Greece