Never having been to Marseilles or very nearby (the closest I've been is either Arles, or St. Tropez...) I am trying to figure out how to best visit les Calanques.
Assuming I fly into Marseilles and want to see some of them - how easy/hard are they to access? Can you drive right up and a short walk takes you to a nice area for spreading out a beach towel and a picnic basket... or is it a long hike to get to them... or is the best method to visit by boat (and where does one pick up a boat for a day's tour).
Are they completely unspoiled - i.e. just you and your hiking gear/beach towel, or, are there outposts for a drink a la the Buza Bar found in Dubrovnik?
Not having been to Marseilles, would you recommend staying two nights in Marseilles, making this a trip for the "day in between" and otherwise fit in the rest of the two nights sightseeing in Marseilles?
Any thoughts appreciated. This would most likely be the landing point for a trip that ends up in Barcelona (and day trips therefrom), or, the very last visit on a trip that starts in Barcelona and flies home from Marseille.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 5 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 8 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 9 Days in Spain
- 11 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 12 Norway Honeymoon
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 15 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 16 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 17 Our future trip to Greece
- 18 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 21 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 22 Quizz !
- 23 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 First - but not last - trip to Greece