We are a family of 4 w 2 kids ages 9 and 17, visiting Italy and possibly Barcelona for 6 days in June. We enjoy architecture, natural beauty, cool/unique buildings and tend to enjoy less of paintings/art and museums. We have seen Lovre and Versailles and much of Paris, so don't exactly need to see more of the same. We are thinking, one day in Venice, next three days in Rome( 1.5 days for Rome and 1.5 days for Amalfi Coast, base in Rome) I need some help with the details, what to see and what to skip? From Rome we fly to Barcelona for two days or Madrid is a better choice? We'll be taking direct flights mostly.
I know it's bit overambitious plan( or too overambitious??) but have only 6 days and I do want to see some of Spain too, like the cool colorful buildings/ architecture etc. How do you all suggest we break our time, how to cover everything and any other advice is more than welcome too Thanks much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 2 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 3 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 4 Gluten Free in Italy
- 5 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 6 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 7 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed
- 8 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 9 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 10 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 11 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 12 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 13 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 14 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 15 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 16 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 19 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 20 A few last minute questions
- 21 I'm KuKu for Iceland
- 22 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 23 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 24 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 25 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
Visiting Italy and Barcelona for 6 days- need help with itinerary..