We are a family of 4 w 2 kids ages 9 and 17, visiting Italy and possibly Barcelona for 6 days in June. We enjoy architecture, natural beauty, cool/unique buildings and tend to enjoy less of paintings/art and museums. We have seen Lovre and Versailles and much of Paris, so don't exactly need to see more of the same. We are thinking, one day in Venice, next three days in Rome( 1.5 days for Rome and 1.5 days for Amalfi Coast, base in Rome) I need some help with the details, what to see and what to skip? From Rome we fly to Barcelona for two days or Madrid is a better choice? We'll be taking direct flights mostly.
I know it's bit overambitious plan( or too overambitious??) but have only 6 days and I do want to see some of Spain too, like the cool colorful buildings/ architecture etc. How do you all suggest we break our time, how to cover everything and any other advice is more than welcome too Thanks much in advance!
Visiting Italy and Barcelona for 6 days- need help with itinerary..
- 1 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 2 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 6 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 10 rent car / Munich
- 11 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Italian Lakes gardens
- 14 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 15 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 16 Chambermaid tipping
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 Novels set in Greece
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 23 More help with housing in Puglia
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 Euro Train