My partner and I are visiting France in late September for around 9 days. We are mainly staying in Paris, but would like to spend 2-3 days in the region.
I am having trouble deciding on the region/city to visit outside of Paris. I love history and would love to visit the "old" france - medieval villages castles etc to experience the culture. I am also interested in the village markets that some places have. Did some research and found out that most places like that are in central or south of france. However, I am a but confused as to which place to visit - we only have 2-3 days so I want to make sure we can target the right place . Any suggestions would be great!
Also the tricky part is finding a way to visit those villages (i.e. taking a train from Paris to a nearby city, then take another train or drive etc). Would be great if someone
can also provide a travel route to the city.
Ideally, travel will not take a lot of time as we only have 2-3 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Juangfrau / mt
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!