My partner and I are visiting France in late September for around 9 days. We are mainly staying in Paris, but would like to spend 2-3 days in the region.
I am having trouble deciding on the region/city to visit outside of Paris. I love history and would love to visit the "old" france - medieval villages castles etc to experience the culture. I am also interested in the village markets that some places have. Did some research and found out that most places like that are in central or south of france. However, I am a but confused as to which place to visit - we only have 2-3 days so I want to make sure we can target the right place . Any suggestions would be great!
Also the tricky part is finding a way to visit those villages (i.e. taking a train from Paris to a nearby city, then take another train or drive etc). Would be great if someone
can also provide a travel route to the city.
Ideally, travel will not take a lot of time as we only have 2-3 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BUY REAL PASSPORTS(email@example.com)
- 2 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Schengen Rule
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 7 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Zurich to Milan trip
- 10 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 11 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 15 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Pay attention to your watches !
- 18 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 19 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 20 Venice/Mestre
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 Italy Car Scam
- 23 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 24 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 25 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?