My partner and I are visiting France in late September for around 9 days. We are mainly staying in Paris, but would like to spend 2-3 days in the region.
I am having trouble deciding on the region/city to visit outside of Paris. I love history and would love to visit the "old" france - medieval villages castles etc to experience the culture. I am also interested in the village markets that some places have. Did some research and found out that most places like that are in central or south of france. However, I am a but confused as to which place to visit - we only have 2-3 days so I want to make sure we can target the right place . Any suggestions would be great!
Also the tricky part is finding a way to visit those villages (i.e. taking a train from Paris to a nearby city, then take another train or drive etc). Would be great if someone
can also provide a travel route to the city.
Ideally, travel will not take a lot of time as we only have 2-3 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 http://nutritionless.com/metabo-pure/
- 3 3nights in Venice
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 7 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 8 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 9 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 10 Munich itinerary review
- 11 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 12 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 13 Football Tickets - Athens
- 14 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 15 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 16 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 17 Last minute trip to Capri
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Earthquake near Naples
- 20 Budapest to Kosice
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 23 My 3 days in Venice
- 24 multi city flights to europe
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger