I'm heading to Edinburgh very soon on a one week business trip. I'm renting a car while there, I've already been to Edinburgh four or five times so I've already seen the city (Castle, Hollyrood, Royal Mile, catacombs, etc...). In the past I also got to see the area where Braveheart was filmed with the comical statue of Mel Gibson.
Now I'm thinking of taking a day trip as I get there on Sunday. Could I have some suggestions of places to occupy a full Sunday that are within a couple hours drive of Edinburgh. I'm thinking St. Andrews, but that won't take the day, so maybe someplace that has St. Andrews on its way.
Also, what's the weather like in mid April? It's warm and sunny in Texas where I'm from and the forecasts seem to predict cold and rainy next week in Edinburgh. Will I get any sun at all? What kind of clothing should I be wearing?
Advice is appreciated.
Visiting Edinburgh on one week business trip, weekend day trip suggestions
- 1 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 2 Planning my days in Paris
- 3 Which tour company would be best?
- 4 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 5 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 6 France by rail or car?
- 7 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 8 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 11 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 12 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 13 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 14 London at Xmas
- 15 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 16 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 17 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 18 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 19 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 20 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 21 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 22 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 23 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 24 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 25 Bank of England Museum