I'm heading to Edinburgh very soon on a one week business trip. I'm renting a car while there, I've already been to Edinburgh four or five times so I've already seen the city (Castle, Hollyrood, Royal Mile, catacombs, etc...). In the past I also got to see the area where Braveheart was filmed with the comical statue of Mel Gibson.
Now I'm thinking of taking a day trip as I get there on Sunday. Could I have some suggestions of places to occupy a full Sunday that are within a couple hours drive of Edinburgh. I'm thinking St. Andrews, but that won't take the day, so maybe someplace that has St. Andrews on its way.
Also, what's the weather like in mid April? It's warm and sunny in Texas where I'm from and the forecasts seem to predict cold and rainy next week in Edinburgh. Will I get any sun at all? What kind of clothing should I be wearing?
Advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 6 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 7 limousine services - milan - rome
- 8 Regarding Residence Permit
- 9 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 10 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 11 Homesaty
- 12 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 13 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 14 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 15 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 16 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 17 Route des Vins
- 18 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 19 2 days in Florence
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 23 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Private tour guides in Bayeux
Visiting Edinburgh on one week business trip, weekend day trip suggestions