I'm heading to Edinburgh very soon on a one week business trip. I'm renting a car while there, I've already been to Edinburgh four or five times so I've already seen the city (Castle, Hollyrood, Royal Mile, catacombs, etc...). In the past I also got to see the area where Braveheart was filmed with the comical statue of Mel Gibson.
Now I'm thinking of taking a day trip as I get there on Sunday. Could I have some suggestions of places to occupy a full Sunday that are within a couple hours drive of Edinburgh. I'm thinking St. Andrews, but that won't take the day, so maybe someplace that has St. Andrews on its way.
Also, what's the weather like in mid April? It's warm and sunny in Texas where I'm from and the forecasts seem to predict cold and rainy next week in Edinburgh. Will I get any sun at all? What kind of clothing should I be wearing?
Advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 2 HP PRINTER : Technical SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 hp Installation
- 3 Car Rental
- 4 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 8 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 9 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 10 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 11 Balkans
- 12 My first trip to Crete
- 13 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 14 Ireland Trip
- 15 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 18 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 19 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 20 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 21 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 22 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 23 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 24 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 25 Airport Transportation
Visiting Edinburgh on one week business trip, weekend day trip suggestions