My newly wed wife and I will be visiting Barcelona from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a conference from the 14th to 16th November. I am planning to extend my stay until 22nd and fly out on the 23rd November. This gives me 3 days of conference + 6 days extra.
During the conference days, I would be staying in AVENIDA PALACE HOTEL. I will be mostly busy during the conference and perhaps get off in the evening so I was wondering if there are any recommendations for my evenings during conference.
After conference, I will have to move out to a cheaper hotel (perhaps a two star hotel). So i need recommendations on affordable and strategic hotels around Barcelona.
My wife is crazy about Roman Architecture and we are also thinking of squeezing Roam into the 6 days. However, I have to come back to Barcelona to fly back to Kuala Lumpur. Is it advisable to take Euro Rail to Roam from Barcelona and back? Should I leave for Roam right after my Conference? Is two days enough in Roam? We are interested to visit the Colosseum, Vatican. Any suggestions as to where to stay in Roam?
Here is a summary of what the Trip would look like:
12th: Travel from Kuala Lumpur to Barcelona
13th: Arrive in Barcelona
14th: Conference in Barcelona
15th: Conference in Barcelona
16th: Conference in Barcelona
17th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
18th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
19th: Travel to Roam
20th: Stay in Roam
21st: Stay in Roam
22nd: Travel to Barcelona
23rd: Return from Barcelona to Kuala Lumpur
Is the feasible?
Thanks in advance.
Visiting Barcelona for a conference and planning to travel to Roam
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 4 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 River cruises
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 12 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 13 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 16 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 17 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report