My newly wed wife and I will be visiting Barcelona from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a conference from the 14th to 16th November. I am planning to extend my stay until 22nd and fly out on the 23rd November. This gives me 3 days of conference + 6 days extra.
During the conference days, I would be staying in AVENIDA PALACE HOTEL. I will be mostly busy during the conference and perhaps get off in the evening so I was wondering if there are any recommendations for my evenings during conference.
After conference, I will have to move out to a cheaper hotel (perhaps a two star hotel). So i need recommendations on affordable and strategic hotels around Barcelona.
My wife is crazy about Roman Architecture and we are also thinking of squeezing Roam into the 6 days. However, I have to come back to Barcelona to fly back to Kuala Lumpur. Is it advisable to take Euro Rail to Roam from Barcelona and back? Should I leave for Roam right after my Conference? Is two days enough in Roam? We are interested to visit the Colosseum, Vatican. Any suggestions as to where to stay in Roam?
Here is a summary of what the Trip would look like:
12th: Travel from Kuala Lumpur to Barcelona
13th: Arrive in Barcelona
14th: Conference in Barcelona
15th: Conference in Barcelona
16th: Conference in Barcelona
17th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
18th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
19th: Travel to Roam
20th: Stay in Roam
21st: Stay in Roam
22nd: Travel to Barcelona
23rd: Return from Barcelona to Kuala Lumpur
Is the feasible?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 2 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 3 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 4 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 France & Italy, May or June
- 10 Ireland travel passport question
- 11 Tuscany 6 nights
- 12 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 17 San Sebastian
- 18 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 19 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 20 Lisbon trip report
- 21 restaurants in Marais district
- 22 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 25 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
Visiting Barcelona for a conference and planning to travel to Roam