My newly wed wife and I will be visiting Barcelona from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a conference from the 14th to 16th November. I am planning to extend my stay until 22nd and fly out on the 23rd November. This gives me 3 days of conference + 6 days extra.
During the conference days, I would be staying in AVENIDA PALACE HOTEL. I will be mostly busy during the conference and perhaps get off in the evening so I was wondering if there are any recommendations for my evenings during conference.
After conference, I will have to move out to a cheaper hotel (perhaps a two star hotel). So i need recommendations on affordable and strategic hotels around Barcelona.
My wife is crazy about Roman Architecture and we are also thinking of squeezing Roam into the 6 days. However, I have to come back to Barcelona to fly back to Kuala Lumpur. Is it advisable to take Euro Rail to Roam from Barcelona and back? Should I leave for Roam right after my Conference? Is two days enough in Roam? We are interested to visit the Colosseum, Vatican. Any suggestions as to where to stay in Roam?
Here is a summary of what the Trip would look like:
12th: Travel from Kuala Lumpur to Barcelona
13th: Arrive in Barcelona
14th: Conference in Barcelona
15th: Conference in Barcelona
16th: Conference in Barcelona
17th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
18th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
19th: Travel to Roam
20th: Stay in Roam
21st: Stay in Roam
22nd: Travel to Barcelona
23rd: Return from Barcelona to Kuala Lumpur
Is the feasible?
Thanks in advance.
Visiting Barcelona for a conference and planning to travel to Roam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 2 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 5 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 6 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 7 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 8 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 9 Estonia Amber
- 10 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 11 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 12 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 UK for 12 days !
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 20 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 21 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 24 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station