My newly wed wife and I will be visiting Barcelona from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a conference from the 14th to 16th November. I am planning to extend my stay until 22nd and fly out on the 23rd November. This gives me 3 days of conference + 6 days extra.
During the conference days, I would be staying in AVENIDA PALACE HOTEL. I will be mostly busy during the conference and perhaps get off in the evening so I was wondering if there are any recommendations for my evenings during conference.
After conference, I will have to move out to a cheaper hotel (perhaps a two star hotel). So i need recommendations on affordable and strategic hotels around Barcelona.
My wife is crazy about Roman Architecture and we are also thinking of squeezing Roam into the 6 days. However, I have to come back to Barcelona to fly back to Kuala Lumpur. Is it advisable to take Euro Rail to Roam from Barcelona and back? Should I leave for Roam right after my Conference? Is two days enough in Roam? We are interested to visit the Colosseum, Vatican. Any suggestions as to where to stay in Roam?
Here is a summary of what the Trip would look like:
12th: Travel from Kuala Lumpur to Barcelona
13th: Arrive in Barcelona
14th: Conference in Barcelona
15th: Conference in Barcelona
16th: Conference in Barcelona
17th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
18th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
19th: Travel to Roam
20th: Stay in Roam
21st: Stay in Roam
22nd: Travel to Barcelona
23rd: Return from Barcelona to Kuala Lumpur
Is the feasible?
Thanks in advance.
Visiting Barcelona for a conference and planning to travel to Roam
- 1 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 2 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 5 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 6 A chacun son goût
- 7 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 8 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 9 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 10 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 11 portugal
- 12 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 13 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 14 I Need To Vent!
- 15 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 16 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 17 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 18 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 19 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 20 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 21 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 22 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 23 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 24 Help with itenerary
- 25 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub