My newly wed wife and I will be visiting Barcelona from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a conference from the 14th to 16th November. I am planning to extend my stay until 22nd and fly out on the 23rd November. This gives me 3 days of conference + 6 days extra.
During the conference days, I would be staying in AVENIDA PALACE HOTEL. I will be mostly busy during the conference and perhaps get off in the evening so I was wondering if there are any recommendations for my evenings during conference.
After conference, I will have to move out to a cheaper hotel (perhaps a two star hotel). So i need recommendations on affordable and strategic hotels around Barcelona.
My wife is crazy about Roman Architecture and we are also thinking of squeezing Roam into the 6 days. However, I have to come back to Barcelona to fly back to Kuala Lumpur. Is it advisable to take Euro Rail to Roam from Barcelona and back? Should I leave for Roam right after my Conference? Is two days enough in Roam? We are interested to visit the Colosseum, Vatican. Any suggestions as to where to stay in Roam?
Here is a summary of what the Trip would look like:
12th: Travel from Kuala Lumpur to Barcelona
13th: Arrive in Barcelona
14th: Conference in Barcelona
15th: Conference in Barcelona
16th: Conference in Barcelona
17th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
18th: Stay in Barcelona (move to a budget hotel)
19th: Travel to Roam
20th: Stay in Roam
21st: Stay in Roam
22nd: Travel to Barcelona
23rd: Return from Barcelona to Kuala Lumpur
Is the feasible?
Thanks in advance.
Visiting Barcelona for a conference and planning to travel to Roam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 2 Weekend in Norfolk
- 3 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 4 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 5 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 7 Bregenz or Lindau
- 8 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 9 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 10 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 11 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 12 Winter in Paris
- 13 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 14 I need some big advice!
- 15 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 18 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 23 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 Best beach town in Italy?