I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 2 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 3 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 4 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 5 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 6 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 Passport Delays
- 9 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 10 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 11 Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm; Best site to book and when?
- 12 Stockholm Metro Stations
- 13 Crazy Trying to Rent a Car
- 14 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 15 British English
- 16 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 17 Spain for 7 days
- 18 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 19 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 20 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 21 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 22 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 Brugge photo on Bing
- 25 A town in France for a month