I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 2 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 5 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 6 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 7 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 8 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 9 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 10 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 13 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Hotel in Paris
- 15 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 16 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 17 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 18 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 19 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 20 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 21 Mont St. Michele?
- 22 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 23 Berlin: evening dining
- 24 Alhambra questions
- 25 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?