I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Music in Milan
- 2 Sienna with kids
- 3 12 nights in Greek islands
- 4 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 5 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 6 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 7 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Paris food tours?
- 10 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 11 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 12 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 13 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 14 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 15 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 16 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 17 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 18 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 19 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 20 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 21 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 22 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 23 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 24 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 25 Pousadas in Portugal