I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 2 Single 30's looking for tour | Europe
- 3 Driving to Cesky Krumlov
- 4 My summer in Paris
- 5 Is this a good locatiuon and hotel for first time Paris tourists?
- 6 Plitvice lakes to Zagreb
- 7 Basque Region and Rioja in December
- 8 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 9 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 10 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 11 1 more city to visit in Spain
- 12 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 13 stockholm archipelago cruise ideas
- 14 Car rental in Oxford, UK
- 15 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 16 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 17 Day trips from Cologne
- 18 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 19 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 20 Barcelona with Teens
- 21 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 22 Trip Report Western Crete, Paros and Naxos 2015
- 23 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 24 Romantic hotel in venice
- 25 10 days in Spain