I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 2 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 5 Emergencies in Ireland
- 6 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 7 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 8 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 9 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Food in Positano
- 12 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Edinburgh to Skye
- 15 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 16 4 days itinerary for France
- 17 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 18 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 19 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 20 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 3 weeks in Spain
- 23 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 24 Rent a car in England
- 25 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?