I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 2 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 3 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 6 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 7 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 8 renting a car in Germany
- 9 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 10 Mont St Michel
- 11 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 12 Paris in April?
- 13 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 14 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 17 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 20 London hotel
- 21 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 22 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Day trip from London to Paris
- 25 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do