I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 2 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 3 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 4 Paris weather
- 5 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 6 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 7 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 8 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 9 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 10 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 11 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 12 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 13 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 14 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 15 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 16 Dinge B&B
- 17 Antwerp Tram
- 18 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 19 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 20 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 21 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 22 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 23 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 24 Alhambra
- 25 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle