I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 3 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 4 first family trip to Switzerland
- 5 Two Days in Prague
- 6 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 7 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 8 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 9 London GTG late September?
- 10 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 11 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 12 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 13 Schengen Visa
- 14 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 15 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 16 london in 2.5 days
- 17 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 18 Italy tours
- 19 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 BUDAPEST Accommodations[2weeks]
- 22 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 23 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 24 Trouble deciding between backpack or wheeled luggage
- 25 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks