I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 2 A few hours in Rotterdam
- 3 At least 13 dead as flash floods hit the French Riviera
- 4 Calling kimhe: Recommendation for concert at Palau de La Musica Catalana
- 5 London Boutique Hotel
- 6 Santorini
- 7 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 8 Paris transport
- 9 pick pockets in Rome
- 10 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 11 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 12 10 day Italian Honeymoon in December
- 13 Is Capri worth going to?
- 14 French Toll Roads Chip & sign Credit Card Payments
- 15 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 16 Traffic Tickets - Why Should I Pay?
- 17 Salzburg, Vienna & Bratislava, Dec-Jan
- 18 Paris in April
- 19 MXP to Florence
- 20 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 21 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 22 What's your best driving experience in Europe?
- 23 Base for 3 days in Galicia
- 24 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 25 Which City with Paris