I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 5 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Italy
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 11 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 12 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 13 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 14 Positano, Italy
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 17 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 18 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 19 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 20 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 23 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 24 Vienna highlights
- 25 Where to stay in Rome