I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 2 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 3 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 Eastern Europe
- 6 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 7 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 American Express
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague