I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 2 Europe itinerary review
- 3 evening of song and dance
- 4 Naples or Genoa
- 5 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 6 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 7 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 8 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 9 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 10 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 12 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 13 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 14 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 15 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 16 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 17 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 18 Where to from Verona
- 19 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 20 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 21 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 22 Train passes
- 23 RENFE error message during payment
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Munich-6 days in September