I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vaucluse Lavander
- 2 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 3 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 4 Cookware in France
- 5 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 6 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 7 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 8 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 9 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 10 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 11 Ireland train system: first class??
- 12 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 13 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 14 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 15 9 days in switzerland
- 16 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 17 Barcelona and places around
- 18 Help for Last 3 days in Ireland!! One of these days is Dublin!!
- 19 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 20 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 21 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 22 apartment
- 23 Areas to avoid as a person of color?
- 24 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 25 Brontë Bicentenaries - plans unveiled starting 2016