I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Florence
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 base for Andalucia
- 11 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 15 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?