I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 4 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 5 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 6 Belgium advice
- 7 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 8 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 9 Amalfi or Positano
- 10 Rome to Positano
- 11 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 12 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 13 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 14 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 15 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 16 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 17 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 18 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 19 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 20 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 21 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 22 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 23 Public Transport information App/Website
- 24 Rome to Portofino -
- 25 Portugal. & Southern Spain