I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by train in Poland?
- 2 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 3 Private driver: Dublin airport to Limerick
- 4 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 5 Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi-Ravello-Paestum in one day, is it possible?
- 6 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 7 buying souviners and art
- 8 Why does riding a bike make me think of French food?
- 9 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 10 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 11 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 12 Swiss decisions
- 13 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 14 Please help me plan my trip!
- 15 Porto to Salamanca
- 16 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 17 Greece and Turkey
- 18 Napoli logistics
- 19 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 20 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 21 Need help in choosing a destination(s)... Please Help!
- 22 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 23 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 24 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 25 scotland trave;