I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 2 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 3 Mama Mia Italy!
- 4 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 5 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 6 Greece Itinerary suggestions!
- 7 Where left high and dry by US credit cards in UK & France
- 8 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 9 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 10 Barcelona for single female
- 11 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 12 setenil de la bodegas and/or Ronda spain
- 13 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 14 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 15 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 16 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 17 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 18 travel to western Europe from India
- 19 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 20 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 21 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 22 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 23 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 24 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 25 Late night train from Prague