I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 2 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 3 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 4 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 5 at what point should one get health insurance
- 6 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 7 Lucerne Switzerland
- 8 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 9 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 10 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 11 Wines charted by flavor
- 12 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 13 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 14 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 15 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 16 4 Months in Europe
- 17 Spain in November
- 18 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 19 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 20 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 21 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 22 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 23 Milan at the end of September
- 24 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 25 Good book about 20th C. European history?