I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPP0RT CARE
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 London with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 7 Top Tapas Tascas
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 11 Iceland car rental agencies
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 Best Viking Sites
- 14 Ex-pats with young kids
- 15 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 16 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 17 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 22 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Help on ancient history route
- 25 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?