I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 2 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 3 All Set To Go!!
- 4 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 5 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 Scotland November 2015
- 8 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 9 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 12 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 13 Southern Spain
- 14 Which european city?
- 15 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 16 Italy Countryside
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 21 Germany in December 2015
- 22 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 23 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 24 Vegan in Germany?
- 25 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?