I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 2 What to take to Germany
- 3 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 4 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 5 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 6 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 7 4 week trip Turkey
- 8 TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK FULL DAY
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 11 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 12 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 13 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 14 Scotland Trip
- 15 Holiday in Austria
- 16 What one thing in Paris?
- 17 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 20 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 21 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 22 Paris Under Seige...
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 24 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 25 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November