I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Paris
- 2 London Pass
- 3 Potential trip - Balkans
- 4 Greece after the Vote
- 5 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 6 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 7 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 8 A Week in Spain
- 9 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 10 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 11 Now for the Venice hotel
- 12 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 13 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 14 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 15 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 16 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 17 week in scotland
- 18 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 19 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 20 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 21 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 22 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 23 Rocamaxour
- 24 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 25 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?