I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 3 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 8 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 9 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Italian lakes
- 12 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 17 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 18 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 19 10 day Italy
- 20 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Prague itinerary advice
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Santorini lodging
- 25 Ireland