I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
- 1 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 TGV and Provence questions
- 5 Rome Accommodation
- 6 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 7 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 8 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 9 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 Italian Lakes gardens
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 14 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 15 London for Christmas
- 16 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 17 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 18 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 19 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 20 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Greek islands from Turkey
- 24 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 25 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?