I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 2 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 3 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 4 my current itinerary for future trip
- 5 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 6 Edinburgh car rental, lodging, train to city
- 7 Where to buy Saffron?
- 8 Tuscany literature
- 9 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 12 15 nights in Italy
- 13 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 14 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 15 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 16 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 17 Dordogne Trip Report
- 18 Restaurant favorites in Stresa and Bellagio
- 19 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 20 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 21 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 22 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 23 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 24 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 25 Dublin to Dingle?