I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 Amsterdam, Germany
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 5 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 6 Day Trip Orleans to Provins, an Italian Hill Town in France
- 7 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 8 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 9 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 10 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 11 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 12 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 13 15 days trip to Europe
- 14 Scotland Highlands Help
- 15 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 16 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 17 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 18 Europe itinerary review
- 19 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 20 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 21 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 22 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 23 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 24 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 25 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?