I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 2 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 3 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 4 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 5 Self-driving in Iceland
- 6 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 7 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 8 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 9 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 10 Budapest questions round 1
- 11 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 12 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 13 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 14 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 15 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 16 If Greece exits
- 17 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 18 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 19 Traveling solo in the Loire Valley / train or car? best base?
- 20 Rafting Gorge du Verdon
- 21 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 22 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 23 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 24 Riviera roadtrip
- 25 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler