I've heard that Visby is picturesque and worth visiting. We only have five days in Stockholm. Visiting Visby would probably eat up a day due to distance. And I'm told we'd have to book in advance. Is this true?
Is Visby worth visiting given the number of days we'll be in Stockholm?
We're leisurely travellers who like to relax and enjoy different neighborhoods, food, shopping - and pretend we're locals
We don't enjoy rushing from one attraction to the next but prefer to pick a few spots and linger. Areas in Stockholm that we're interested in include: Gamla Stan, Sodermalm, Normalm (sorry if I've spelled any of these incorrectly) as well as seeing the Vasa Ship and the open-air museum.
Should we just concentrate on Stockholm this time around and save Visby for another visit - or is Visby a must-see?
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal - 2 weeks itinerary critique
- 2 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 5 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 6 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 7 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 8 Dordogne Itinerary
- 9 2 Days in Istanbul
- 10 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 11 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 12 Dreaming of a hiking trip for 2016
- 13 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 14 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 15 Small-group day tours from London?
- 16 Journees du Patrimoine
- 17 Segovia Hotel
- 18 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 19 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 20 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 21 Best location to stay in Seville
- 22 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 23 Sacred Christian Places in Athens
- 24 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 25 Advise