I'm going to study abroad in Spain this Fall semester and so I tried to apply for a student visa. I was declin. I only had 12 hours of class registered instead of 20. 20 seemed like more than I'd like when my main goal is to travel the country and city and have fun, not sit in a classroom and read books I could read anywhere on the planet. So because I can't get a student visa I have 3 options and I wanted opinions about the three:
1) As a U.S. Citizen, take advantage of the 90 days I have in Spain as part of the Schengen Agreement, and truncate my class days by missing the first week of class (the director of the program said this could be done). It would work but I hope it doesn't come to this because I wanted the full experience including before/after the class days.
2. Go to Spain at the time I'd normally go (a week before class starts) and when the 90 days are coming to an end I would go to the police station and request an extension to my visa-free stay in order to take final exams.
3. (MOST IFFY) I will be studying abroad in France next Spring too so I was thinking of getting a 1-year tourist visa for France, and not really spending that time in France until 2016. Is this possible? A french visa would allow access to Spain, and I wouldn't necessarily have to prove that I've been hanging out in France that whole time, would I?
Between those three, or maybe other recommendations, I'd like to figure this problem out soon. Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 2 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 3 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 4 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 5 Hilton CPH no loner
- 6 Cornwall UK
- 7 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 8 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 9 French Wedding
- 10 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 11 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 12 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 13 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 14 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 15 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 16 I may be wrong....
- 17 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 18 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 19 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 20 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 23 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Photo tours in Amsterdam