Wondering if anyone can help explain the Visa situation for me.
I am planning on visiting Europe/UK next summer. Just sorting out my itinerary/budget now. I was originally planning on 7 weeks, but am now trying to extend this to 13-14 weeks.
I am a New Zealand Citizen. I understand I am able to travel 90 days in Europe Visa Free. My problem is I will be away for approx 97 days. However some of this time at least 10 days minimum will be spent in the U.K, so I will be only in the Schengen Area for less than 90 days.
How do I go about this? Does it matter where I fly in and out of (E.g. Fly into Milan and out of London Vs. Fly into Milan and out of Athens).
Do I need to include the UK part of my trip at the beginning or end, or is it okay to have it in the middle and then re-enter the Schengen Area?
Any help would be appreciated! I have read a lot of different websites and forums, but it is difficult to get clear information, and this will be my first time dealing travelling for longer than a month.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian
- 2 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 3 Planning a European Trip
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 6 Lisbon trip report
- 7 restaurants in Marais district
- 8 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 9 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 10 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 11 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 14 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 21 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 22 Norway Itinerary
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)