Very soon I'll be setting off on my own to Sicily for two months. I have as Australian Passport and was under the understanding that this covered me in the Schengen countries for a period of 3 months. However, I was just looking at the website for the airport in Catania and came across this page
On here they mention needing employment, insurance, sufficient funds, and lodging verification.
I will be staying with a friend for the majority of my stay- all bar a week.
Do I need all these documents? I have my passport, what else do I need?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 2 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 3 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Italy
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights