I have a question regarding work/tourist visa to the Shengan area and I'd appreciate if someone can help. I am Canadian national currently living/working in Belgium. I have a work visa / resident card in Belgium for a year (2014) and they are going to expire at the end of January 2015. At the same time, I have a potential job offer in Copenhagan of which I will only get notification around Jan 15th, 2015. Say if I don't get the job offer, I will fly back to Canada before end of January, that's no problem. But if I do get the job offer (the company supports visa application, but the process might last for longer than 2 weeks and there is no guarantee that I can get the new work visa before the current one ends), what should I do? Am I required to leave Shengan area and wait until I get the new visa before coming back again? Since flight back to Canada is quite expensive, I want to avoid it if possible. I know that Canadians are allowed 90 days of stay as a tourist without a visa, but am I required to re-land at the border as a tourist and get a new stamp somehow? Or is it ok to continue staying in Belgium as long as I sent the new work visa application?
If anyone has some experience on this, please give some advice. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 3 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 9 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 10 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 11 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 12 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 13 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 14 Praiano
- 15 Ronda Wine/biking
- 16 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 17 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 18 Undisclsoed location
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 21 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 Italy bus or train
- 24 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 25 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London