I have a question regarding work/tourist visa to the Shengan area and I'd appreciate if someone can help. I am Canadian national currently living/working in Belgium. I have a work visa / resident card in Belgium for a year (2014) and they are going to expire at the end of January 2015. At the same time, I have a potential job offer in Copenhagan of which I will only get notification around Jan 15th, 2015. Say if I don't get the job offer, I will fly back to Canada before end of January, that's no problem. But if I do get the job offer (the company supports visa application, but the process might last for longer than 2 weeks and there is no guarantee that I can get the new work visa before the current one ends), what should I do? Am I required to leave Shengan area and wait until I get the new visa before coming back again? Since flight back to Canada is quite expensive, I want to avoid it if possible. I know that Canadians are allowed 90 days of stay as a tourist without a visa, but am I required to re-land at the border as a tourist and get a new stamp somehow? Or is it ok to continue staying in Belgium as long as I sent the new work visa application?
If anyone has some experience on this, please give some advice. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 2 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 5 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 6 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 7 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 8 Suggestions for summer 38 night itinerary with kids and a mom in tow?
- 9 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 10 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 11 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 12 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 13 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 14 Edinburgh to Skye
- 15 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 16 A Month stay in Southern France
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 19 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 20 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 21 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 22 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 23 Croatia transportation question.
- 24 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 25 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?