I have a question regarding work/tourist visa to the Shengan area and I'd appreciate if someone can help. I am Canadian national currently living/working in Belgium. I have a work visa / resident card in Belgium for a year (2014) and they are going to expire at the end of January 2015. At the same time, I have a potential job offer in Copenhagan of which I will only get notification around Jan 15th, 2015. Say if I don't get the job offer, I will fly back to Canada before end of January, that's no problem. But if I do get the job offer (the company supports visa application, but the process might last for longer than 2 weeks and there is no guarantee that I can get the new work visa before the current one ends), what should I do? Am I required to leave Shengan area and wait until I get the new visa before coming back again? Since flight back to Canada is quite expensive, I want to avoid it if possible. I know that Canadians are allowed 90 days of stay as a tourist without a visa, but am I required to re-land at the border as a tourist and get a new stamp somehow? Or is it ok to continue staying in Belgium as long as I sent the new work visa application?
If anyone has some experience on this, please give some advice. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Milan or Turin
- 7 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 8 9 Days in Spain
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Iceland early december visit
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 25 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)