I have a question regarding work/tourist visa to the Shengan area and I'd appreciate if someone can help. I am Canadian national currently living/working in Belgium. I have a work visa / resident card in Belgium for a year (2014) and they are going to expire at the end of January 2015. At the same time, I have a potential job offer in Copenhagan of which I will only get notification around Jan 15th, 2015. Say if I don't get the job offer, I will fly back to Canada before end of January, that's no problem. But if I do get the job offer (the company supports visa application, but the process might last for longer than 2 weeks and there is no guarantee that I can get the new work visa before the current one ends), what should I do? Am I required to leave Shengan area and wait until I get the new visa before coming back again? Since flight back to Canada is quite expensive, I want to avoid it if possible. I know that Canadians are allowed 90 days of stay as a tourist without a visa, but am I required to re-land at the border as a tourist and get a new stamp somehow? Or is it ok to continue staying in Belgium as long as I sent the new work visa application?
If anyone has some experience on this, please give some advice. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 24 hours in Paris
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 7 tickets for Wimbledon
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 10 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 14 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 15 Happy birthday ATM
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy