My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마이크로카지노■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■마블카지노コ마블카지노
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 4 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 5 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 6 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 7 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 8 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 9 Venice Bell Tower
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 12 Kayaking in Avignon
- 13 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 14 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 15 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 19 Cordoba Overnight?
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Sintra
- 23 Scotland Trip Report
- 24 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 25 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me