My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 2 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 5 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 6 Car rental leaving Rome
- 7 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 8 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 10 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Greece in March?
- 13 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 14 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 15 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 16 Holland/France/Spain
- 17 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 18 Why Not Helsinki?
- 19 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 20 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 21 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 22 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 23 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 24 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 25 Glasgow and Edinburgh