My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tallinn for 1st time
- 2 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 3 L'As Du Fallafel
- 4 Pompeii and Amalfi in three days
- 5 Avignon
- 6 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 7 Storage of extra luggage
- 8 Advice for overnight Istanbul layover?
- 9 September in Switzerland
- 10 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 11 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 12 Italy train travel question
- 13 Santorini for three nights
- 14 Norway by motorhome
- 15 Padova Experts! Scrovegni Booking Quandry
- 16 Need Help, Iceland
- 17 Porto to Lisbon and the airport
- 18 Exploring W, S and SE with minimal backtracking
- 19 Hotels (moderately priced) in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo?
- 20 New 9 day late August Itinerary (West Fjords, W, SW, S, SE)
- 21 Restaurant favorites in Stresa and Bellagio
- 22 Trip report-London, France, Belguim
- 23 Bank of America ATM Global Alliance Scam
- 24 May in Italy - GTG anyone?
- 25 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?