My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 2 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 3 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 4 Amalfi or Positano
- 5 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 6 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 7 Cordoba or Granada?
- 8 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 9 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 10 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 11 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 12 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 13 First Time Europe Trip
- 14 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 15 St Andrews advice
- 16 Guided tours or drive yourself? - Scotland
- 17 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 18 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 19 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 20 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 21 Hostel Advice
- 22 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Rome for a week