My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Visa for UK Entry with Criminal Record
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 2 Toulouse and beyond -
- 3 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 6 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 7 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 8 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 9 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 10 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 11 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 Munich with a car?
- 14 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 15 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 16 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 Reims for a day
- 21 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 22 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days