My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 3 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 4 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 5 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 6 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 7 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 8 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 9 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 10 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 11 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 12 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 13 Amsterdam in January
- 14 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 15 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Spain in July