My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Visa for UK Entry with Criminal Record
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 2 Rome to Vienna in 5 Nights. Suggestions welcome!
- 3 Is this the right way<>?
- 4 Solo in Paris for a month: Help me decide on Side Trips
- 5 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 6 Itinerary advise needed
- 7 4 weeks in the UK
- 8 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 9 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 10 Italy 14 days
- 11 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 12 Kimhe--flamenco
- 13 Working Holiday in Germany
- 14 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 15 Does Roma Pass covers free admission to Colosseum ?
- 16 Provence in November
- 17 Rome Areas to stay
- 18 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 19 When to go to Sicily
- 20 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 21 Wengen to Torino?
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 24 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 25 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe