My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 2 http://getmenshealth.com/intelligex-review/
- 3 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 4 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 5 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 6 tipping
- 7 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 8 Germany
- 9 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 What clothes?
- 12 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 13 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 14 Rome at Christmas
- 15 Vienna sights and tickets to sights in Prague and Budapest
- 16 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 17 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 18 The One Trip to Rule Them All
- 19 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 20 4 Country Itinerary
- 21 East of the Amalfi Coast - stay or day trip?
- 22 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 23 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 24 Croatia Itenerary
- 25 Croatia Itinerary Help