My husband has a criminal record from 1996 for which he spent just a little more than 3 years incarcerated. He has no felony or misdemeanor convictions after this.
We are going to Paris. Next week. My husband commented that he now wants to take the Eurostar from Paris to London. As we only have a week, there is no way to get a visa prior to arrival. Is it possible to enter the UK with an old criminal record if the person has not gotten a Visa beforehand?
Will they ask? And if they do and he tells them he has an old conviction, is there a chance he will still be able to enter the UK?
Do they have access to US criminal records at the UK border?
We will have return tickets to France on the Eurostar as well as return tickets to the US. We will have a hotel in London and plenty of money to finance the 2 days we want to spend there.
Please, only constructive answers...we are not trying to break some sort of rule. I have not been able to find anything definite on whether or not he will be able to get into the UK. All of the websites say you do not need a Visa if you are from the US, but you may want to consider getting one if you have a criminal conviction...but nowhere does it say that if you have a conviction and no Visa, you are not getting in...we would like to try to avoid spending the money if he is not able to enter the country.
Any advice would be great...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 2 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 3 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 4 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 7 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 8 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 9 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 10 Road trip Italy
- 11 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 12 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 13 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 16 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 17 Hilton CPH no loner
- 18 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 Scotland Trip Report
- 21 French Wedding
- 22 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 23 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones